PrideStaff San Diego is partnering with our client in the Del Mar Heights area, who is growing and need an experienced, motivated and dedicated generalist Tax Partner with a strong background Corporate type returns and years' experience in public accounting
and to join the team.
A career in their public Tax sector will provide you with the opportunities to develop advanced technical tax research, prep and review skills in a variety of industries. This is a direct hire opportunity, the annual salary is $90,000 to $115,000 DOE.
If you are looking for a great opportunity and has the experience per below, please apply with your updated resume today.Job Overview
This role will be partnering alongside staff and firm leaders to direct all operational functions of their assigned department teams. As the Director you will execute business line specific strategies for business development initiatives; must be able to sell and find new business.
You would also directly overseeing and managing multiple engagements simultaneously. As the Director, you will be on the front line assisting with developing staff and identifying new business development opportunities along the way. This job class requires knowledge of advanced accounting principles and industry expertise, the ability to lead a variety of business and operational functions; maintain positive client and employee relations; and produce high-quality results for the firm. This role will require some travel, some overnight.Essential Functions:
Job Requirements:Minimum Qualifications:
- Efficiently review engagement work papers and returns for corporate client base
- Exhibit superior technical competence, managerial abilities, and the ability to attract and develop new clients.
- Provide firm leadership through example.
- Be responsible, oversee and supervise multiple engagements in progress simultaneously in addition to other duties including some assigned staff administrative duties.
- Identify new business development opportunities and assist in growing existing client services via BD initiatives set forth by yourself.
- Develop employees in both technical and management areas in addition, provide effective feedback to partners and senior management/supervisory.
- Demonstrate an expertise in responding to tax authority notices and client representation, researching complex tax matters to clearly communicate findings and act as main point of contact for clients.
- 10+ years of experience in public accounting, 5 of which should be in a management position.
- Licensed CPA required or J.D., LL.M, or EA required.
- Industry experience in corporate or overall general tax.
- Demonstrated success in leading and motivating subordinates and ability to plan and organize projects, especially long-term.
- Outstanding organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow and reassign as necessary.
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) in related field or equivalent; Master's degree strongly preferred.
Due to the high volume of responses, only those you meet the requirements above will be contacted.
No Third parties or independent consults will be considered