About Working at Commerce
Wouldn't it be great to build your career at a bank that's known for helping people with their financial challenges? That's exactly what you'd be doing when you join the team at Commerce Bank. We're looking for teammates who are ready to do whatever it takes to help our customers with their everyday financial needs. You'd be helping yourself too, because Commerce has a tradition of recognizing and rewarding team members for their talent, skills and contributions.
No wonder we've been an industry leader for over 150 years and have developed a reputation as a great place to work in the financial services world. If you'd like to be a part of a team and culture that is respected by its peers and in your community, we should talk. We're always looking for the best and brightest.About This Job
The Accounting Trust Securities Specialist is responsible for the timely and accurate posting of all cash related activity to the Trust Accounting platform. This will include cash receipts, cash disbursements, trade settlement, fees, and income. In addition, the candidate will be involved with daily balancing routines prior to closing the books f records for the day. The candidate will also be responsible for timely review and resolution of numerous account reconciliations. Essential Functions
- Balancing all cash activity processed through the Trust Company. Includes ensuring all appropriate documentation (DDA and/or General Ledger credit and debit ticket) is in order prior to posting of all cash activity to the Trust Accounting System throughout the day.
- Associate is responsible for end of day processing to close out the daily cash activity for the Trust Company.
- Associate will also assist and provide coverage on other accounting unit desks during heavy volume periods or absences and perform other duties as assigned.
- Cross-Train on appropriate functions within the Fund Valuation area to assist during periods of high volume and absences
- Position requires moderate telephone contact with internal trust and bank operations personnel.
- 80% Support ongoing cash activity
- 10% Customer support
- 10% Provide coverage on other desks in unit
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
Education & Experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills while maintaining a high quality of customer service
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and continually meet deadlines
- Decision making skills
- Be a great communicator
- Motivated and organized self-starter with strong attention to detail and accuracy with the ability to manage multiple priorities without direct supervision
- Inquisitive, agile and strong team player with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to remain adaptable and resilient to all situations with an optimistic outlook and cast a positive shadow that is aligned with our culture and Core Values
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Associates' Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1+ years of financial accounting or related experience preferred
- 1+ years of trust or banking experience preferred
Location: 922 Walnut St, Kansas City, Missouri 64106