The Corporate Reporting
team is responsible for the preparation and filing of various financial reports for a host of internal and external customers. These customers include, among others, management, business line personnel, regulators, shareholders and the investment community. We also interact with, and support, many business associates throughout M&T Bank.
The Financial Analyst I
will assist in the documentation and analysis of financial/accounting information and the preparation of financial and regulatory reports, adherence to internal controls while ensuring the quality of data being reported.
Education and Experience Required:
- Provides cross training/support to new team members.
- Assist with problem resolution and data interpretation, perform variance analysis, and ensure timely submission of reports. Analyze results and provide input for management recommendations.
- Prepare financial schedules, reconciliations and reports for the Corporation, which could include bank regulatory reports, SEC reporting, reports to shareholders and the Board of Directors, as well as internal management reports. Knowledge of various tax regulations as applicable.
- Selects alternatives from defined options in a variety of work routines by applying basic finance or accounting concepts.
- Other functions include data integrity testing, general ledger entries, adherence to generally accepted accounting principles, SEC disclosure requirements, and bank regulatory requirements.
- Display foundational understanding of M&T's (or applicable Business Unit within) financial statements; including awareness of key drivers/trends in major Balance Sheet and Income Statement line items.
- Participate in training and development opportunities across Finance.
- Be aware and adhere to department timelines and deliverables.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned
- Associate's degree and a minimum of 2 years of experience in accounting, auditing, operations or financial institutions OR a Bachelor's degree.
- Knowledge of activities in own job; skills gained through training or experience
- High level of PC competencies (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access. Data visualization or data querying applications are a plus.)
- Detail oriented, with good problem-solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Accounting or audit experience
Buffalo, New York, United States of America