Chief Finance Officer
Full-time Permanent Details:
As Chief Finance Officer, you will be responsible for all aspects of the Office's financial management and reporting. You will play a key role in advising the Clerk and the Speaker on all aspects of the Office's financial responsibilities.
Your duties will include:
- providing financial advice and direction across the Office in the areas of strategic financial management, budget preparation and performance, and financial accounting.
- exercising financial delegations within statutory financial reporting obligations
- taking responsibility for meeting the Office's statutory financial reporting obligations, including the development of effective financial management frameworks and oversight of budgets
- developing, implementing, and reviewing appropriate internal controls that are necessary to maintain business integrity, compliance, and operational efficiency
- developing and implementing sound financial management strategies within a complex financial and budgetary environment
A degree with a major in accounting or equivalent is expected. Membership of either Australian professional accounting bodies (CPA or ICA) is highly desirable. Note:
It is expected that the successful candidate will commence in March 2022. How to Apply:
If you consider your skills and abilities match the requirements of the job and this sounds like the opportunity you are looking for, we want to hear from you. Please submit a ‘two-page pitch' telling us how your Skills, Knowledge, Experience, and qualifications makes you the best person for the job, your curriculum vitae and contact details of two referees. Applications should be submitted via the Apply Now button below.
We acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the ACT, the Ngunnawal people. We acknowledge and respect their continuing culture and the contribution they make to the life of this city and this region.