A qualified accountant is needed for this newly created role in a small, but growing finance team in Oxford.
Your new company
My client builds a better world through global fellowship programmes that develop and connect compassionate, innovative, and public-spirited people committed to solving humanity's challenges. There are 80 staff working at their Headquarters in central Oxford, as well as a strong international reach with a number of additional overseas staff and many volunteers involved in roles such as selection, alumni relations and class leaders.
The world needs leadership from ethical, creative and courageous people who are able to bridge cultures and disciplines. We therefore:
* Help people of talent from all walks of life realise their potential to build a better world;
* Foster leadership through diverse and inclusive learning communities;
* Amplify impact through lifelong fellowships of mutual support, inspiration and collaboration.
My client, based at the University of Oxford, brings together and develops exceptional people from all over the world, and in all fields of study, who are impatient with the way things are and have the courage to act. They are postgraduate awards providing transformative educational opportunities. Established in 1903, they are the oldest and perhaps the most prestigious international graduate scholarship programme in the world. Over 8,000 Scholars have gone on to serve at the forefront of government, education, the arts, NGOs, commerce, research and other sectors. They are well known advocates for expanded social justice, and have advanced the frontiers of science and medicine.
Your new role
The Management Accountant role is a newly created role within the Finance team based at Rhodes House. The post will provide experienced support for a growing range of management accounting relationships, acting as a valued internal business partner. This is a CCAB qualified position, in a small but growing, hands on finance team. The role will be instrumental in the design and development of new cost accounting and transfer pricing for the soon to be launched conference centre, and will be a valued contributor to the team as we develop our systems in an increasingly complex financial environment. The Trust recently implemented an exciting new and flexible finance system, which is being actively rolled out to internal budget holders and partners.
* Manage the provision of departmental management reporting to budget holders and funding partners. This will include business management reporting, including budgets and forecasts;
* Manage the cost accounting for the new conference centre;
* Support the VAT reporting in a complex VAT environment;
* Give comprehensive, high quality analysis to aid and support business decision making;
* Production of annual budgets, collecting and collating information, in association with department heads;
* Assist in the production of FD presentations for Trustees;
* Assistance with year-end audit;
* Other responsibilities as the team continues to grow;
What you'll need to succeed
* CIMA or other CCAB qualified accountant;
* 1-3 years PQE in cost and management accounting;
* High standards of accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail;
* Excellent communicator both verbally & written
* Enthusiastic, well organised, diligent, and able to work to strict deadlines
* Experience of working both as an individual and as part of a small team
* Advanced Microsoft Excel literacy with the ability to work with pivot tables, v-lookups
* All-round PC proficiency with the ability to learn and use a wide range of IT packages
* Experience in Educational charity or event management sector;
What you'll get in return
Generous salary and pension provision
Flexible working options available.
Above statutory holiday allowance (38 days in total)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.