A career that gives you more
- Do you have a passion for working in a dynamic, outcomes driven environment?
- Outstanding 12 month Fixed Term opportunity to network and progress your career
- Use your expertise to drive positive outcomes for our customers
Your career at NAB is about more than money, it's about serving our customers well and helping our communities prosper. We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Associate, Finance Remediation
In this role you will play an integral part in the Finance Remediation team. This role primarily provides Finance partnering, financial governance, oversight, reporting and monitoring of project financials across the Wealth Remediation project streams.
Due to the critical nature of this work, high public & regulator profile and seniority of stakeholders involved, the role also acts as a central source of truth in ensuring high levels of accuracy in reporting of outcomes to those various stakeholders.
Key responsibilities of this role:
- What you will bring
- Significant experience as a Senior Associate with proven history in delivering strong analytics and process improvement
- Outstanding ability to solve complex business problems through a pragmatic lens to deliver improved customer outcomes
- Demonstrated experience in work collaboratively across a team and influencing outcomes
- Ability to work effectively with people at different levels
- Finance/Business discipline tertiary qualification
- Professional accounting qualification (CA/CPA) and / or post graduate qualifications gained while working in large corporate, preferably financial service
- Experience in financial services essential
- Experience in modelling of financial scenarios
This role is responsible for the financial reporting of Remediation programs, assessing financial impacts of program initiatives and implementing changes to the individual programs to support more effective outcomes and delivery in a timely manner. As well as:
- Participating as a key member of the programs with a focus on driving a robust understanding of financial and customer outcomes
- Be an effective contributor to the management and financial governance; beyond presentation of financial results, agitating for greater performance and a focus on rapid delivery of customer outcomes in line with regulator expectations
- Ensure decisions made are appropriate from multiple points of view (legal, tax, entity, financial and management reporting)
- Ensure financial decisions are made at the appropriate level to drive the most appropriate outcome
- Delivery of monthly financial reporting and oversight of ensuing actions required as a result of financial outcomes, with a focus on driving outperformance through business partnering excellence
- Contribute to production of forecasts as required, including insight into variances to plan and forecast.
- Working with colleagues across NAB Finance value chain to deliver improved performance
By joining NAB, you are committing to putting our customers' needs first every time. You will be ambitious for growth; always curious and learning from colleagues. You will speak honestly, always valuing the time and opinion of others. You will own your work, doing what's right, even when it's hard.NAB, invested in you
We are committed to gender equality and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and have a diverse and inclusive workforce. We have committed $70bn in financing to help address climate change and provide 2 days of paid leave each year through our employee volunteering program to support community organisations.
We support our colleagues to be their best by offering a wide range of educational, financial, lifestyle, health & wellbeing benefits. For more information please visit here. Join NAB
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's explore who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
*Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted To help keep our community safe, candidates who are based in Victoria will need to comply with the latest directions issued by Victoria's Chief Health Officer.