The ownership and responsibility for the day to running of the finance function and team. Ensuring the smooth, accurate and timely running of the accounts department, and information produced.
SME manufacturing business.
- Ensure the smooth, accurate and timely running of the accounts department, and information produced.
- Manage the finance team of 4-5 direct reports
- To produce weekly reports such as;
- Sales and VP
- Cash reporting
- Supplier payment plans
- 13w cashflows
- Oversee the preparation of the monthly management accounts and report thereon to the Plant Director and the Group Team
- Intercompany reconciliations - done monthly before each month end
- Ensure compliance with PAYE, VAT reporting
- Year end reporting
- Preparation of year end audit and tax files for the auditors
- Review of statutory accounts prepared by auditors
- Support the consolidation process
- Tax compliance - control the preparation and filing of tax compliance requirements. CT, P11D and other tax filings as necessary in line with HMRC deadlines
- Budgeting and forecasting - ensure the timely preparation and presentation of annual budgets and other forward planning information
- Support ad hoc projects - To improve processes, systems and efficiencies throughout our company operations
- Ensure the security, integrity, accuracy and timeliness of financial data and systems
- Ensure company policies and procedures are always adhered to
- Develop and improve the accounting systems.
- Develop and improve the integration of back office systems.
- Be part of the Senior Management Team driving the business forward.
- Deliver solutions to assist in the control and development of the business.
- Ensure that the current department's skill set matches the requirements of the business and that staff are able to develop to their full potential.
- Drive a culture of communication and collaboration within the Finance Team and wider colleagues in the business
- Relevant professional qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with c3 years PQE experience
- Awareness of IFRS
- Background in Manufacturing
- Good communication skills and ability to listen
- Computer literate and good IT skills
- Advanced excel skills essential
- Experience in accounting systems such as Pegasus and Microsoft Dynamics advantageous
- Commercial background and approach
- Strong data analytical skills
- Confident and resilient nature
- Accurate & maintain high standards
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Continuous improvement approach to systems
- Ability to work in a team with other senior staff members from different departments
Competitive salary and benefits.