Exciting opportunity with a large London insurer.
Your new company
Our client is a British multinational risk management, insurance brokerage and advisory company. The firm has roots dating to 1828 and is the third largest insurance.
Your new role
The key duties and responsibilities of the Data Analyst are:
Assisting the Senior Audit Manager for Data Analytics in enhancing the capability for, and promoting the use of, data analytics within the Internal Audit department, including:
- Coordinating with Internal Audit teams to determine analytic specifications.
- Developing data analytics approaches for assigned audits and projects to ensure key business risks and controls are evaluated as needed.
- Developing ad-hoc queries, continuous monitoring solutions, and strategic automated solutions.
- Implementing user interfaces and visualization tools to support strategic and continuous solutions.
- Assisting audit teams by providing guidance on the interpretation of analytics exceptions.
- Preparing executed data analytics documentation to support audit workpapers.
- As required, providing input into departmental initiatives e.g. templates, audit manual and methodologies.
What you'll need to succeed
General skills required:
- Good interpersonal skills and a proven team player.
- Self-motivated, strong organisational and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly explain data analytics concepts and approaches to stakeholders with differing levels of analytics expertise.
- Strong focus on delivery with the ability to perform accurate analytics activities in line with agreed targets.
- Good problem-solving skills to navigate and overcome typical challenges encountered when developing data analytics solutions.
- Overall good understanding of the end-to-end audit process, including risk-based practices and approaches.
- Technical skills required:
- Experience of developing data analytics solutions for financial services use cases.
- Experience of preparing clear and concise documentation, which explains the data analytics solution developed.
- Experience with data analytics workflow development software, such as Alteryx Designer or KNIME Analytics Platform. The role will require the use of KNIME Analytics Platform to develop analysis workflows.
- Experience with data visualisation software, such as Tableau, Qlik Sense or Microsoft Power BI. The role will require the use of Microsoft Power BI Desktop to develop data visualisations.
- Strong Excel skills and good overall knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
What you'll get in return
The Internal Audit Data Analyst is primarily responsible for undertaking data analytics, under the direction of the Senior Audit Manager for Data Analytics, in relation to audit areas or assignments across WTW to evaluate the effectiveness of risk management and the design and operation of controls within the business. This includes assisting in the planning and execution of financial, operational and technology audits, corporate investigations, and in the delivery of other ad hoc projects. While primarily based in our London audit office, the Data Analyst will need to have flexibility to travel nationally (in UK) and internationally when the assignment requires.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.