Finance and Performance - Associate Director
Wellington, NZ /
Management Consulting - Technology Applications /
• Join an award-winning global consulting and implementation practice
• Rapidly build your career alongside high-performing people
• Access wellness payments, car parking and flexible working arrangements What will your typical day look like?
As an Associate Director within our finance & Performance team you will help our clients to deliver their strategy by making better decisions and driving business performance and outcomes whilst lifting the role and performance of the finance function.
You will be responsible for managing engagements, providing our clients with the insights and solutions they need to grow, improve performance and create sustainable competitive advantage. In particular, you will help clients take advantage of the many opportunities to be digitally enabled and impactful on the local and world stage.
As well as guiding your team on the day to day delivery of outcomes for clients, you will also contribute commercially by developing deep client relationships, identifying opportunities and selling additional client work.
The broad nature of our client base means you will have the opportunity to gain exposure to a range of industries and sectors, and a broad spectrum of complex challenges. We are committed to learning and development, and Directors and Partners will support your development and provide coaching, guidance and direction. You will be part of a team which In this role you can expect to help our clients to:
· Work with Finance Leadership Teams solve their trickiest problems by running one of our Finance Labs where we help our clients develop their strategy for Finance and redesign their Finance operating model.
· Translate their business strategy into performance measures and implement performance management frameworks that enable our clients to monitor and deliver their planned outcomes.
· Understand their business performance and help them to redesign their planning and forecasting processes and build planning models and reporting dashboards. About the team
Deloitte's Finance and Performance consulting team enables our clients to imagine better operating models and ways of working, to deliver exceptional finance functions, and increase value for their key stakeholders. We are looking for an experienced professional to join in leading our Wellington practice. Enough about us, let's talk about you
To be effective in this role you will have a passion for collaborative working and finding innovative solutions for our clients. You will thrive on continual challenge and learning, and have an inquisitive nature to deliver the best practice solutions. You pride yourself on providing the same high quality service that is expected and delivered from one of New Zealand's largest and most respected professional services firm.
Your skills which set you apart from the crowd:
- Ideally 8+ years demonstrated experience, mentoring and delivering strategy development and execution, ideally with significant experience working in a Consulting environment.
- Proven ability to impact business performance experience of a Finance Function transformation including the implementation of new Planning, Budgeting and Reporting tools or a full FMIS
- The ability to understand client challenges and pull together the right cross-functional team to meet these challenges.
- Experience and passion for developing and mentoring a diverse and inclusive team, you enjoy seeing people grow and develop.
- Strong quantitative and analysis skills, able to uncover the heart of problems, identify root causes, offer clear solutions and drive change.
- Ability to communicate, present and contextualise complex ideas concisely and accurately while adjusting style and tone to suit your audience.
- Proven business development experience, from lead generation and leading bid management through to the delivery of client engagements.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
Please note: you must be based and legally entitled to work in New Zealand from the time of application to be considered.
If you have any questions or wish to have a confidential conversation about this role, contact Toby Hone from the People & Performance team on 09 303 0857. We would love to hear from you!
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz