Commercial Director - Create and Lead Business Success Full Time - Christchurch
About the company
- Do you love to lead and contribute as an executive; creating and driving success?
- Are you ready for a fast-paced, technology services business that operates globally?
- Join this leading Christchurch based, global business - bring new ideas to life!
Jade Software brings new ideas to life and maximises the value of emerging and existing technologies. In doing this, Jade helps organisations be digitally different to better engage and retain customers through cloud modernisation that combines people, data and software. Jade has a proud history and a strong reputation as a customer focused innovator: clients keep coming back.
Founded and headquartered in Christchurch, Jade is an extraordinary place to work: the considerable experience in and understanding of what makes a tech company a great place has led to the attraction of energetic and passionate people who show up every day, have a real voice and are ready to make a difference.
To keep pushing forward, bringing new ideas to life and innovating to meet clients' ever-evolving needs - all the while enhancing its business performance; Jade needs a talented Commercial Director to join the Jade team in this new role. Are you ready? About the opportunity
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and leading a capable team of professionals, the Commercial Director takes overall accountability for the provision of commercial leadership and advice across the business; enabling Jade to make great decisions and achieve its strategic objectives on the global stage. In doing this, the Commercial Director will:
- Lead the high performing of commercial, financial and legal professionals; creating performance objectives, coaching achievement and enhancing the talent of the individuals and the team;
- Lead as a key commercial and strategic advisor to the CEO and members of the Senior Leadership Group (SLG), proactively steering commercial decision making and achievement of objectives.
- Challenge commercial processes, systems, contracts and thinking to ensure contract margins and company profitability are optimised, commercial risks are managed, great opportunities are taken and objectives are met.
- Actively contribute and lead as a member of the SLG, taking accountability as a whole for the successful development and implementation of initiatives that drive the business forward.
This is a vital commercial leadership role which will drive robust commercial discussions across the SLG, expedite great commercial decisions and impact the achievement of objectives across the business. Is this one for you? About you
Commercially skilled and experienced, you will hold a commercial, financial or legal qualification and will have developed your capability by leading analysis, discussion and decision making around commercial transactions, business performance and commercial contract terms. A head for business risk, ideally in a services (and more ideally digital services) context you will have a strong understanding of the impacts of margin and pricing on profitability and how to optimise this. Alongside your technical expertise, you would have developed real capability in developing and managing stakeholder relationships and influencing outcomes.
Your proactive nature, relationship focus and commitment to accountability will be crucial for you to be able to effectively lead within Jade. With a pragmatic and down-to-earth approach, you will thrive in an environment where you can take an integral role in the negotiation of high value services contracts and contribute as a leader to the successful development and execution of organisation-wide strategy.
In return, you will be rewarded with an exceptional opportunity to continue to enhance your capabilities in a fast-paced, commercial organisation which celebrates success and rewards its people accordingly.
For a confidential discussion about the role; contact Leanne Crozier by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
CHRISTCHURCH OFFICE - Chambers at 151, Deloitte House,
Level 4, 151 Cambridge Terrace, Christchurch
QUEENSTOWN OFFICE - PO Box 239, Christchurch