Are you seeking a company that will offer you rewarding, challenging work and a chance to make a difference? Then you should consider Illumina's Internship Program. Our mission? To help improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome.
We have established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies through our focus on innovation, serving customers in the research, clinical and applied markets. We currently facilitate a myriad of processes in the life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture, and other emerging segments.
When you join the high-performing team at Illumina, your work takes on new meaning—to an exponential degree. Our growth, our positive culture, and the impact our products are having in the world will ignite the same passion in you that drives our people forward. And together, we accomplish things beyond expectations.
This role is a 12-month internship starting in July 2022, finishing July 2023. Based at our offices in Granta Park, Cambridge. Our program focuses on meaningful project work, professional and personal development, in addition to providing networking opportunities.
The finance and accounting team are integral to Illumina’s continued success. From forecasting through to year-end reporting they are an essential function that helps drive the wider business.
You will gain broad finance experience supporting the general ledger and tax teams, working with various departments throughout the course of your year with us. You’ll assist the general ledger team with accounting for the UK and European entities as well as work with the external auditors and compile a breakdown of information for tax packs for all entities. Additionally, you will support continuous improvement projects and learn how to review and update process flows.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the general ledger and tax teams in the region
- Assisting the general ledger team with accounting for the UK and European entities
- Working with the external auditors to resolve queries to complete the financial statements of EMEA entities
- Support with bank reconciliation and resolution of queries
- Support for continuous improvement projects
- Provide audit support as well as compile breakdown of information for tax packs for all entities
Preferred experience and qualifications:
- Undergraduate (Placement Year) or a Graduate (bachelor program or higher, 2:1 or above) preferred in Accounting / Finance / Mathematics
- Strong written communication skills
- Detail focused and task-oriented
- Ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced environment
The Selection Process:
- Submit application before 10th December 2021 to be considered
- Longlisted candidates will be invited to submit a video application
- Shortlisted candidates must be available to interview 10th January 2022 onwards
- Successful Applicants will be invited onsite to meet their teams April 11th, 2022 prior to starting in July 2022
Right to Work: We can accept applicants from UK/EU/EEA for this internship, we will assist with any visas required. We are not currently able to sponsor those applying from outside the EEA.
Concerns regarding COVID-19 continue as positive cases are experienced in the communities in which we operate. Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, Illumina may require proof of COVID vaccination in accordance with local statutory requirements (subject to limited exceptions) beginning November 1, 2021.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.