WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world’s best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Join us. Shape your story here.
Who we are:
This role works specifically within the CNN International Commercial division (CNNIC) who are responsible for the advertising and content sales for CNN.
CNN is a major global pioneering news channel which has been at the forefront of news reporting for over 40 years. Its two dozen branded networks and services are available to more than 2 billion people in more than 200 countries and territories. It reaches 100 million households in the U.S. and CNN International reaches more than 293 million households around the world.
- As Finance Intern you will support the Finance team, who provide financial and strategic support to the key stakeholders within CNN International Commercial (CNNIC).
- You will be an integral part of a team who provides financial and strategic support to the key stakeholders. This is a fantastic opportunity to take on real responsibility within a supportive and encouraging business environment that will provide you with a great foundation for your future career.
The role includes tasks such as (but not limited to):
- Providing analysis to the finance team to assess actual performance versus forecasts.
- Assisting with the preparation of forecasts.
- Preparing reporting schedules in collaboration with the Finance Analyst and Manager to support decision-makers.
- You must be a current University student in your 2nd year of study, looking to spend your 3rd year on placement and graduating no earlier than July 2023.
- The ideal candidate will be studying for a degree in Accounting / Finance / Maths
- Good knowledge in Excel and PowerPoint, and overall computer skills
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Keen interest in the media industry
- Willingness to further explore and develop Excel skills
What WM can offer you:
- You will gain hands-on experience working on business-critical projects.
- You will have to opportunity to network and build relationships with professionals, executives, and other students passionate about their field.
- You will work with industry professionals to best position yourself for a full-time position upon graduation/completion of internship.
- You will be enrolled on our Early Careers learning & training programme, as well as having access to personal and professional development courses, executive speakers’ series, special screenings and more.
- You will have the chance to give back to the community.
- You will be one of over 100 WM Early Careers employees, meaning you will have an important support network of other students, graduates and apprentices and plenty of opportunities to socialise!
Please submit your CV (no cover letter required) if you'd like to apply by Sunday 28th November 2021. Within 5 days of submitting your application, you will be invited to complete an application questionnaire via HireVue - you must complete this to be considered for the role.
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.