The individual will be joining the European fixed income team at Franklin Templeton and will work closely with all areas of the investment desk, comprising Portfolio Managers, Research Analysts, Traders and ESG analysts.
- Portfolio Construction and Surveillance.
- Conduct detailed daily reviews of portfolio exposures to ensure consistency and appropriateness.
- Monitor ESG scores of portfolio, and carbon metrics using proprietary models.
- Ensure investment guidelines and operational compliance for assigned accounts.
- Escalate compliance issues in a timely and appropriate way and work to resolve them as required.
- Trading Activity Utilise portfolio management tools, including trading platforms and Bloomberg on a daily basis.
- Assist in the preparation of trades for daily maintenance purposes, correction of guideline breaches, hedge rolls, account transitions and strategic moves.
- Liaise with compliance to resolve pre- and post-trade issues.
- Markets and Strategy Attend internal investment meetings and develop knowledge and understanding of investment thinking, strategies and positioning across the firm.
- Provide market colour, research and analysis to Portfolio Managers and other colleagues as required.
- Propose trades to exploit cross-currency valuation discrepancies and curve opportunities, etc.
- Client Related Requests Prepare information for portfolio managers for client presentations.
- Answer diverse client requests, both ad-hoc and recurring.
- Account Transitions Ensure full awareness of client cash-flows and account transition activity.
- Provide additional checks and balances to ensure instructions communicated correctly and rebalancing transacted accurately.
- Process Improvement Actively suggest process improvements to increase efficiency and reduce errors.
- Specify IT requests to enhance systems and reporting.
- Test new system versions and functionality
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Bachelor's degree level or equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Fixed Income markets especially credit.
- Knowledge of Bloomberg.
- Developed in-depth understanding of various portfolio styles and their guideline latitudes.
- Awareness and understanding of key risk factors and metrics within actively managed sustainable portfolios.
- Skills At least intermediate skills in MS Excel, including VBA and python.
- Solid English communication skills, both written and oral.
- Familiarity with IG, High Yield, Foreign Exchange and Derivative instruments desirable.