Hemisphere Media Group, Inc. is the only publicly traded pure-play Spanish-language media company in the United States super-serving the high-growth, high-influence U.S. Hispanic and Latin American markets with a valuable portfolio of leading television, streaming and digital content platforms.
Headquartered in Miami, Florida, Hemisphere owns and operates Pantaya, the leading Spanish-language subscription streaming service in the U.S., five leading U.S. Hispanic cable networks (Cinelatino, Pasiones, WAPA América, CentroAméricaTV, and Televisión Dominicana), two Latin American cable networks (Cinelatino and Pasiones), the leading broadcast television network and news and entertainment content producer in Puerto Rico (WAPA TV), and a Spanish-language content distribution company (Snap Media). Additionally, the company has ownership interests in Canal 1, the #3 national broadcast television network in Colombia, and other digital assets.
A creator and distributor of top-rated news and entertainment programs, the HMTV portfolio offers the digital-first Hispanic/Latin American communities culturally relevant content with multi-generational appeal.
Hemisphere Media Group, Inc. seeks a Director of SEC & Financial Reporting, which would manage the consolidated financial reporting and SEC reporting functions to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations. This role will be responsible for the consolidated financial reporting process and the preparation of all SEC filings, including the consolidated financial statements and related footnote disclosures for Form 10Q/10K.
What you will do:
- Prepare and manage SEC reporting for Form 10Q/10K/8K etc., including preparation of consolidated financial statements, footnote disclosures, and Management’s Discussion and Analysis (“MD&A”)
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual consolidated financial packages, including collaborating with FPA and operating entity leads to prepare the analysis of key variances
- Implementation of monthly consolidation process
- Manage financial reporting functions across the Company’s various operating entities within the ERP and Reporting modules
- Collaborate with 3rd parties, including but not limited to Tax, Internal Audit, and External Audit
- Manage and maintain all internal controls related to external reporting and assist in coordinating review of these with internal and external auditors
- Manage technical accounting research and memos
- FASB Pronouncement analysis and implementation as applicable
- Assist with post-merger integration
- Assist with ad hoc reporting and analysis requests from the CFO and other key process owners
What you will bring:
- Possess strong analytical capabilities
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be a detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate initiative and willingness to take on additional responsibilities
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Demonstrate a proven track record with an emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, data analysis, and process innovation
Requirements to be successful:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required, Master’s degree preferred
- CPA required
- Big 4/8 with 5-7+ years of relevant experience in SEC reporting
- Thorough understanding of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and SEC requirements
- Proficiency with Excel and ERP systems required, including use of macros and v-lookups (Great Plains and Management Reporter experience preferred)
- This position requires that the person be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to applicable law
What Hemisphere Media Group provides you:
- Entrepreneurial work environment
- Ability to grow and develop your career
- Company Matched 401K
- Company Paid Life Insurance
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information
Individuals seeking employment at Hemisphere Media, Inc and any of its subsidiaries are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any characteristics protected by law.