SPARK Schools is a social impact disruptor and is leading change in the education space through its network of affordable private schools. The SPARK Schools network provide transformational education innovation through Africa's first blended learning model, which elevates student achievement and provides the tools teachers need to serve their students effectively.
The blended learning model, which combines classroom teaching and online instruction, allows teachers to anticipate student needs and equips schools to provide personalized education at an affordable cost. SPARK Schools is pioneering this transformative education model to ensure the accessibility of university and careers for all.
SPARK Schools has a culture of collaboration, because getting South Africa to lead global education takes a team effort. We are innovators who strive for excellence through persistence and a sense of urgency to achieve SPARK Schools' vision, mission and social transformational objectives. Our work environment is vibrant/cheerful, fast-paced/dynamic, engaging/stimulating, tech-enabled and data driven.
SPARK Schools is a high growth, mission and values-driven, entrepreneurial organisation, operating 17 primary schools and 1 high school and serving over 13 500 families. We are looking for dynamic people to join our team.
Reports To: Credit Control Lead
Purpose of Role:
The Credit Control/Debtors Clerk is to perform end to end administrative functions across the Collections portfolio, as well as to fulfil a support role for collectors.Requirements
- Manage any customer account for purposes of reporting, rectification, and similar actions which may be necessary from time to time.
- Responsible for full invoicing function daily (new starters), weekly (late pick up) and monthly (school fees, aftercare).
- Ensuring late payment interest reflects on customer accounts.
- Email invoices.
- Prepare debtors reconciliations.
- Responsible for handling customer queries related to invoicing.
- Maintenance of debtors database (ensuring every account has an email, contact number and all information correct).
- Reconcile bank transactions (daily).
- Balance all bank accounts (daily).
- Ensure that unallocated receipts are kept at a minimal (daily maintenance).
- Allocating debit order payments.
- Reconciling debit order account after debit order run.
- Processing credit notes.
- Prepare refunds.
- Email customer statements monthly.
- Stand in for fellow debtors clerk's tasks in their absence (when on leave/illness/injury etc).
- Perform any other debtor related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time-to-time by management.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Matric with Maths and Accounting.
- 3 years in an accounting environment working as a debt administrator, preferably in a corporate environment.
- Knowledge of accounting packages.
Skills and Mindset:
- Interpersonal skills.
- Planning and Organising.
- Solution & Performance driven.
- Numeracy and attention to detail.
- Effective and professional communication skills.
- Leadership ability.
Displays grit, high level of excellence, is mission & vision aligned and displays a high level of self reflection (GEMS).Benefits
- fair market linked remuneration
- performance-based annual bonuses and increases
- above average/good annual leave
- life, disability and funeral cover
- employee wellness support
- educational support & study leave
- individualised professional development, support and mentorship
- employee discount on school fees
- opportunities for career growth
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Position Type: Limited duration contract.
Location: Rosebank, Johannesburg, South AfricaSPARK Schools may expire the posting of this advertisement at their own discretion.
Kindly note that should you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.