Part Qualified or Qualified Management Accountant opportunity for a well established company based in Diss.
Your new company
You will be working for one of the largest integrated veterinary groups in Europe with a turnover in excess of £425M, over 500 veterinary practice sites across the UK, Ireland and The Netherlands and 6500 employees. Alongside veterinary practices, they also operate pet crematoria, laboratories, a distribution centre, an online business and buying groups.
They are committed to being the best employer in their sector, they are a company that places focus on people and as such are looking for a qualified accountant who has both the dedication and passion.
This company is well established and are going through a tremendous amount of growth, taking on new acquisitions and creating new opportunities and promotions throughout the company.
Your new role
You will be providing support to the finance team with the Group's management accounting processes and procedures. This includes providing finance support and challenge in reviewing monthly P&L accounts, business cases and budgets. Assisting in the preparation of the monthly profit and loss accounts and commentary for the Head Office functions.
Key responsibilities and tasks include:
- Continuous review of procedures to identify efficiencies and to implement continuous change via providing support to the finance team
- Assisting the Senior Management Accountant in the control and reconciling the balance sheets and identifying and reporting on key movements in month and YTD
- Preparing cost centre variance analysis, investigating and explaining variances
- Holding budget holders to account for budgetary variances
- Forecasting future spend to provide a latest view on spend
- Supporting budget holders in preparation of annual budgets
- Preparation of Group balance sheets, ensuring each area assigned to individuals is provided in line with the monthly reporting timetable
- Review of workings provided by the finance team to ensure all lines are fully reconciled and has supporting documentation for the balance in the finance system
- Investigating discrepancies identified and ensuring all issues resolved on a timely basis
- Provide detailed analysis of key movements on a monthly basis
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this role, you will need to be a forward thinking individual and either be part qualified or qualified (ACCA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent).
What you'll get in return
On offer is a great package that includes a competitive/negotiable salary DOE, up to 7 weeks holiday (with their buy/sell holiday scheme) + bank holiday, access to their industry leading sharesave scheme, enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave, heavily discounted pet healthcare, continued professional development, flexible working options, a range of flexible benefits such as Perkbox, GymFlex and Cycle to Work to suit your needs, and much more.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.