An urgent requirement has arisen with a client within the Public Sector based in Southampton who are looking to recruit a Finance Business Partner on an interim basis.
This position would suit an experienced professional with previous experience in the role ideally within the Not for Profit and public sector and able to hit the ground running.
My client is a Public Sector organisation within the maritime sector who currently have a requirement on an interim rolling contract basis to support the finance and leadership team. The client is able to offer hybrid working to meet the needs of the ideal candidate.
- Gaining an in-depth, detailed knowledge of relevant business areas through discussions with staff at all levels within organisation.
- Working closely with other Finance Business Partners and key stakeholders to identify opportunities for analysis and modelling of financial information.
- Supporting the Director of Finance & Audit, Assistant Director Strategic Finance and Senior Finance Business Partner in the delivery of departmental budgeting processes including spending reviews.
- Identifying emerging financial pressures, risks and opportunities for savings.
- Supporting the Senior Finance Business Partner with costing analysis, ensuring full cost recovery of all fee rates.
To thrive in this role, you will hold demonstrable experience working in a finance business partner role. This will be coupled with full/part qualification in CCAB/CIMA.
My client would love to hear from individuals with a strong knowledge and practical experience of financial management techniques and financial reporting requirements. This will be coupled with a familiarity with the Government Financial Reporting Manual (FReM) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
This role would suit individuals experienced in staff management, adept at building working relationships with a variety of senior stakeholders, both within the organisation and externally. We would therefore welcome applications from individuals with first-class interpersonal skills who love to forge strong relationships with others in a workplace environment.
5 month rolling interim contract.
Flexible day rate.
Offer of hybrid working with 2 days in the office and 3 days from home.