My client is looking for a high-performing, driven, versatile and highly organised qualified finance professional to spearhead the finance function and assist the operations in all finance-related aspects of running the business. As the most senior role in the finance function, this individual must bring with them a breadth of experience and be able to comfortably assert authority amongst other senior members of the company and at board level.
Fast growth SME
This a hands on broad all-round number one finance role reporting into the CEO.
- Ownership of day-to-day management of the operational finance team including managing month end/ year end processes, cashflow and budgeting/forecasting
- Assist in the development and documentation business processes and accounting policies to strengthen and maintain internal controls
- Evaluate and manage the internal control environment - highlighting any concerns to senior management
- Production of monthly management accounts including key business KPIs and reporting
- Preparation of the monthly board packs for the Directors and full balance sheet reconciliations
- Manage all audit deliverables through to sign-off
- Oversee and improve customer invoicing processes
- Assist with annual budget
- Oversee VAT return process
- Ownership of SAP system, process improvements
- Ensure that financial systems are fit for purpose
- Integrate acquisitions
- Keep up to date with accounting standards to ensure compliance
- Provide leadership, coaching and motivation to the finance team, including regular appraisals, objective settings etc
- Candidates are required to be fully qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent) and will have experience of leading a team
- Candidates must have a previous track record within a senior Financial Controller / Head of Finance role with strong technical knowledge around tax, VAT, capital accounting, funding, financial controls and cash management.
- SAP expeince and process improvements very desirable
- In addition, candidates will have excellent stakeholder management experience and first class report writing skills.
Fantastic opportunity to work for a growing business and be involved in further expansion.
Competitive salary plus benefits.