Accounts Assistant - £20k - Based in Fleet - wanting to start career in Finance!
Your new company
An exciting opportunity for a large and growing company. They are looking for an Accounts Assistant who is wanting to start their career in Finance to join as soon as possible.
Your new role
- Ensure sales receipts are allocated correctly against invoices and recorded in Sage
- Daily bank account, Netbanx and other balance sheet reconciliations
- Handle & resolve queries raised by the sales team
- Track invoicing and communicate to relevant stakeholders
- Raising and marking paid direct debit invoices
- Setting up direct debits on CVL and Debit Finance and amendments
- Processing of supplier invoices, setting up bank payments and input to SAGE
- Chasing the sales team and clients on missed direct debits and other sales invoices
- Chasing expense receipts, reconciling and posting credit cards
- Responsible for filing and organisation of supplier invoices and bank statements
- Assisting the Assistant Accountant and Head of Finance with any ad hoc duties
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous experience of working in a similar position (approx. 1 year)
- Studying towards an accounting qualification (e.g. AAT)
- Knowledge and experience of Sage 50
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with attention to detail
- Able to prioritise workload and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate a genuine interest and passion for Finance with a flexible and adaptable nature
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary
- Working in a friendly and supportive environment
- Opportunities to grow career
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.