A growing SME Engineering business in Reading that has a well established and reputable brand, is looking for a number one in Finance to take ownership of all end to end finance responsibilities, drive the function and partner with senior finance and non-finance stakeholders.
This SME Engineering company is an innovative organisation that offers a unique range or products to their expanding client base. They have an ambitious and exciting growth strategy and need a strong Financial Controller to lead the finance team and collaborate with the senior leadership team.
Reporting to the Director, and supporting the wider business, this key role will be accountable for taking ownership of the finance function, and associated accounting responsibilities.
Primary accountability's will include:
- Management accounting, forecasting, budgeting and variance analysis
- Provide commercial insight on the business performance and identify new business opportunities
- Performance and profitability analysis
- Adhere to accounting policies and procedures
- Lead the finance function
- Lead the financial reports and other financial metric reporting
- Partnering with the senior leadership team and directors of the business
- Management and development of direct reports
To be successful, you will be qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA. You must be a hands on individual and have exposure to a growing SME environment. A background in Engineering, Logistics, Manufacturing would be advantageous. You will have developed a strong technical accounting skill set and CV's should have clear career progression, without too many moves.
The successful candidates will be results driven, with a proven experience of successfully achieving goals. First class planning and prioritisation skills, and being commercially astute.
A salary of £70,000-£75,000 depending on experience. A competitive benefits package - Car, Bonus, PMI, Pension, 25 day holiday, Flexible working.
If interested please submit your CV and call Lewis Rowe on 077699 25112.