Ipswich/Hybrid/Flexible Working Onward career development £Highly competitive salary, bonus & benefits.
Your new company
Leading sustainable and high performing international Insurance group with strong environmental, social and governance commitments and who places employee engagement at the heart of its business strategy is looking to recruit an ambitious qualified accountant to join the business as a Finance Business Partnering Analyst.
The role offers hybrid Smart Working, you'll be likely to work from home 3 days per week and at their offices in Ipswich, Suffolk.
Your new role
The Finance Business Partnering Analyst will play a critical role in supporting the delivery of the Commercial Lines targets. Your professional Accountancy Qualification combined with your experience in management information, understanding financials and a customer focus, you'll provide critical analysis and engage directly with business stakeholders to examine financial performance, drive improvements and evaluate new deal opportunities. Your analytical and reporting skills will be key when providing management information accurately and on time, including core monthly packs, deal tracking and profitability analysis.
Key accountabilities for the role include:
- Providing regular reporting packs for key management meetings; your output will be used to inform decisions. This includes the pack for Commercial's monthly Distribution, Underwriting and Trading Board
- Developing and produce new reporting to meet changing business demand
- Improving reporting processes to increase efficiency. Maintain controls to ensure that reporting processes are robust and reliable, taking corrective action to prevent and resolve issues
- Engaging with business stakeholders to understand trading dynamics across the business and influence performance using expertise, opinions and challenge
- Representing the Finance function within the business in several branch relationships, identifying risks and opportunities in financial performance
- Delivering training on use of MI and understanding of financials to branches
- Evaluating new deal opportunities through financial modelling, taking a commercial approach to ensure acceptable returns for the business
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in the role:
- We'd like for you to be a professional accountant (either qualified or almost completed) with experience of producing reporting and communicating business insight and analysis.
- Strong Excel skills are a must, and knowledge of Anaplan, QlikView and Power BI would be a benefit.
- Knowledge and experience of working in an insurance business is advantageous
- You will be someone who likes variety, with the ability to prioritise effectively.
- Importantly, you will be passionate about engaging with internal customers to understand the business and drive improved performance.
What you'll get in return
This innovative international business has been voted one of the top 2021 Best Places to Work, reflecting their amazing people, benefits & culture and also have been voted Top 50 Employer for Women as well, reflecting their commitment to equality in the workplace. They are committed to supporting the needs of their employees and as such understands everyone has individual work and home life responsibilities and are happy to discuss flexible working arrangements for this role, should this be a requirement for you
As well as a competitive base salary, you'll enjoy the following as part of an extensive benefits package:
- Discretionary performance-based bonus
- Generous contribution-based pension scheme (company pays up to 12%)
- Life assurance (10 x base salary pay-out)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Excellent company discounts (car insurance, house insurance, private medical cover)
- Special leave for emergencies, bereavements, family planning
- Professional Qualification support
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.