At Price Kong, our core value is “Creating opportunities for our team and clients to reach their full potential.”
We offer competitive salary, fast track promotions, signing bonus, and hybrid workplace.
We are currently seeking a detail-oriented tax professional to join our next generation of leaders. Our staff accountants are entry level associates with an educational background in accounting, financial statement preparation, tax preparation, and tax law. They report to the firm’s tax supervisors and managers.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting, and other tax requirements.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document record keeping and accounting systems
- Stay current on business, accounting, and tax developments
- Work overtime throughout the year, particularly preceding and during months with tax deadlines
- Be knowledgeable of the firm’s wide-range of services available to clients, identify cross-selling opportunities, and help grow the firm’s practice and industry teams
- Attend training on technical issues and tax law updates
- Quickly and appropriately respond to unexpected events or changing schedules, demands, and priorities.
- Demonstrate an intrinsic need to excel, and belief in one’s own ability to excel.
- Proactively seek new challenging assignments.
- Identify areas for improvement and provide solutions that help firm and team be more effective and efficient
- Stay current with engagement evaluations by initiating the reviews and following through to completion.
- Anticipate problems and issues, and keep the others informed of engagement status.
- Comply with firm practice management procedures and systems.
- Adhere to engagement specific budgets and minimize impact of budget overages.
- Be a firm promoter
- Begin developing a network of peers from college, social activities, and civic activities.
- Display progress toward receiving Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- Bachelor’s in accounting or other relevant field required
Knowledge and Skills:
- Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- business and tax software, including GoFileRoom, Ultra Tax, Fixed Assets, and other related products
Excellent skills regarding:
- analytics, research, and critical thinking
- project management and client service
- leadership and coaching
- written and oral communication
- work ethic and professionalism
- attention to detail
Additional desired skills:
- Adept at recognizing issues and resolving problems quickly and effectively
- Self-starter with high energy and positive attitude who is able to perform in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Team-oriented and works well in a collaborative environment
Price Kong offers a competitive compensation package and benefits. Price Kong is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.