The Senior Audit Manager will play an active role in the UK, leading and performing risk-based audit reviews and recommending solutions to identified issues and weaknesses.
Global brand based in the Midlands
Specific responsibilities associated with this role include:Participation in audit assignments predominantly, but not exclusively, with the role and responsibility of Head of Assignment. When acting as Head of Assignment, these responsibilities will include:
Staff management (when acting as Head of Assignment):
- Day to day responsibility for the planning and organisation of the assignment.
- Preparation or review of the Assignment memo for presentation to the assignment Supervisor.
- Ensuring the timely performance of the assignment whilst having regard to the main risks detailed in the Risk and Related Control Matrix.
- Ensuring that the assignment Deputy Head of group and Supervisor are kept updated with the progress of the assignment, at least on a weekly basis.
- Preparation of summaries and conclusions to the main phases of the assignment for review and approval by the assignment Deputy Head of group and Supervisor and lead the presentation of these to the relevant auditees.
- Preparation of Post Mission Reviews for the assignment team members for discussion with the assignment Deputy Head of group.
- Allocate assignment staff, taking into consideration specific skills and experience.
- Support staff with both their assigned work and contact with auditees.
- Contribute to the development of staff - through the "training on the job" principle.
- Perform the end of assignment appraisals (PMRs) as in point 1 above.
Risk assessment and audit planning:
- Assist in the organisation and performance of the annual Risk Assessment process and contribute towards the development of the annual audit plan.
Reporting to UK and business ICCs and Audit Committees (in conjunction with the Deputy Head of group):
- Prepare the documents (as required) for the activities covered.
Interaction with the management and staff of activities under their responsibility:
- Develop the relationship of the Internal Audit department with operational managers.
- Discuss risk evolution and new development of the activities of the related departments.
- Present and discuss with operational managers on risk assessment, audit plan, recommendation follow up and audit reporting.
- Significant product knowledge related to 1 or more of the business lines this role supports, and
- Substantial proven experience from an internal/external audit or consultancy background covering e.g. quality assurance, project management, risk management or specifically operational risk.
- Strong analytical skills: including ability to understand quickly the critical steps in a process, synthesise and process complex information and understand the related risks of various natures, including use of data (and data analytics)
- Good drive: motivated and proactive
- Thorough and organised with an ability to prioritise and work under time-pressure.
- Strong communication skills: ability to listen, clear oral and written communication.
- Ability to work in and lead a team.
- Project management skills
- Academic background in Finance / Banking and/or
- IIA certification and/or
Professional accountancy qualification
Up to mid £80s for the right candidate.