This is a 12m Maternity cover and starts ASAP. We are looking for a Qualified Accountant with good analytical skills and Management reporting skills.
My client is a leading Financial Services business based in Cardiff.
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified Accountant to join a leading Financial Services business based in Cardiff.
This will initially be a homebased role, but my turn hybrid in 2022.
The purpose of the role is to assist in developing and improving Management Information and other relevant analyses, in addition to contributing to the delivery of the Finance Teams' wider objectives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be responsible for the production of monthly management information (including the Executive Management Report) and monthly analytical reviews
- To be responsible for the production quarterly financial reporting for some Funds.
- To understand the various datasets held by the Company in respect of its investments and investee companies with reference to interpreting investment performance.
- To be responsible for the collation, reconciliation and reporting of KPIs to Welsh Government
- To work with reporting systems (e.g., Framework, CRM, new loan admin/Pancredit etc.) to optimise the information available and to input to the Company's overall strategic data management.
- To have a good understanding of the models and modelling techniques currently in use in the Company.
- To assist in the provision of information to external stakeholders including the submission of electronic returns to as required.
- To assist as may be required in the financial, accounting and other tasks which are allocated to the Finance Team.
- Any other task as may be defined by the Director of Finance and Administration to meet the operational needs of the department
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Strong controls mindset and attention to detail whilst also maintaining a big picture view
- IT/PC literate with good ability to use Microsoft Office suite of products (including Excel Pivot Tables etc.) to extract, process and report information in a user-friendly manner
- Strong time management and experience in reporting management information to required monthly and quarterly timescales
- ·Good knowledge of industry and commerce,
- Recognised UK accountancy qualification.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Working knowledge of Power BI
- Familiar with the use of CRM or other similar reporting packages
- Knowledge of the financial needs of SMEs
A 12 month maternity cover starting ASAP.
Amazing benefits package
Home working (for now) then potentially Hybrid