The Financial Controller is the key position in finance, reporting to the Director of Finance. This would be a great opportunity for a finance professional looking to increase their responsibilities, have ownership of a range of financial activities and generate and deliver automation and change. There is considerable potential for professional growth in the role, and the successful candidate will work closely with members of the senior management team.
Based in Cambridge Eastern Academic Health Sciences Network is a leader in the Science and Research sector whose purpose is to turn great ideas into positive health impact.
This is a chance to join a fast growing, exciting company, whose purpose is to support the NHS in the adoption of innovative technologies and solutions. They are an independent company funded mostly through public money from the NHS but we are increasingly diversifying their income by working with a wide range of innovative organisations in the public and private sectors.
The key responsibilities of the Financial Controller will be:
- Provide high quality management information, reports and analysis to the business, both leading monthly discussions with the members of the senior management team and providing ad hoc advice
- Lead the financial planning process, ensuring timely preparation of the annual budget
- Developing and producing information systems and reports to support business decisions, organisational capacity planning and the ongoing monitoring of contracts
- Monitoring and interpreting cash flows and predicting future trends
- Support the organisation to develop its internal financial and governance processes to maximise the efficiency and effectiveness of the organisation, including resource utilisation management
- Ensure compliance with accounting regulations and best practice in financial controls, and that the business meets its regulatory requirements
- Oversee the preparation of year end audit for the auditors
- Own and manage the key financial systems used by the Company (Xero for general accounting, Zahara for purchasing, and Expensify for expenses)
- Overall responsibility for managing the payroll process (in conjunction with the external payroll provider and HR) and that all taxes are paid (PAYE, VAT, Corporation Tax)
- Leading on financial tracking of external contracts and provide procurement support to the wider organisation, to ensure value for money is achieved.
- Ensure compliance with the company's Standard Operating Procedures, that the contract register is maintained and that corporate templates are used wherever appropriate
- Keep abreast of changes in financial regulations, legislation and financial best practice, and implement change where necessary
- Support a work culture that delivers efficiency and high quality outputs within a fun and fast paced environment.
The successful candidate for the Financial Controller will:
- Be fully qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA)
- Have three or more years of budget management or financial management experience
- Have experience of working alongside senior managers and professional specialists
- Be able to work independently
- Have strong Excel skill
- Have knowledge of best practices in financial processes and controls, including VAT
- Have Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
My client is offering a competitive salary package of £45,000 - £55,000 with other benefits and a progressive flexible working policy.