You will be a key member of the commercial finance team, acting as a Finance Business Partner being responsible for the financial management of the business' consumer division.
A National and very successful service focused business with a very strong Midlands presence.
- Support analysis and understanding of monthly performance through variance analysis against the forecast/budget
- Pro-actively work with and challenge the business on all aspects of performance
- Ownership and accountability for forecasting, budgeting and reporting of Revenue and EBITDA for areas of responsibility, understanding all elements of performance to ensure accuracy and effective decisions can be made over this.
- Ownership of balance sheet and cashflow performance to ensure appropriate control, working closely with the financial reporting team to ensure accuracy
- Understanding the financial impact of Operational KPI performance, with ability to understand and explain the financial impact of these clearly to senior management.
- Forecast, understand and track benefits from cost savings/efficiency projects
- Contribute to the monthly business review packs, for director and exec review meetings, including completion of detailed commentary over cash, balance sheet and EBITDA performance for Indoors and Commercial, with all variances explained and understood.
- Work across the Operations finance team to develop and embed an Indoor cost to 'serve' ensuring clarify of definition and calculation. Use this to ensure operational performance develops such that the cost to serve is minimised and deviations from the forecast level are well understood and explained.
Capability, Knowledge And Experience
- A confident self-starter, with a hands-on approach and the ability to operate within a dynamic environment
- Proven experience working in a Senior Business Partnering role in a large, fast-paced, complex organisation
- You will have strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including tenacity, and credibility, to influence, negotiate and communicate at a senior level within the business.
- A dynamic, hands-on approach with an eye for detail is essential. The successful candidate will have strong analytical skills and demonstrate ability to assimilate information and understanding quickly
- Strong motivational skills with the ability to work using your own initiative to tight time scales
- Strong analytical skills, including structured problem solving, modelling, business analysis
- Commercial acumen and a proactive, 'results orientated' approach
- Adaptable and flexible, with the ability to prioritise and deliver under tight or conflicting deadlines
- Excellent Microsoft Excel/Office skills
Up to £45,000