About Eversheds Sutherland:
Eversheds Sutherland represents the combination of two firms with a shared culture and commitment to client service excellence. We are each known for our commercial awareness and industry knowledge and for providing innovative and tailored solution for every client.
As a full service law firm, we act for the public and private sector across the UK, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and the USA providing legal advice to clients across its Corporate, Commercial, Employment, Pensions, Litigation and Real Estate practices.
With 69 offices across 34 countries worldwide, we have become one of the largest law firms in the world and a great place to work and develop your career.
We're a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we've built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. At Eversheds Sutherland, we believe that innovation comes from a culture of genuine equality and diversity and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments individuals may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.
In addition to the above, Eversheds Sutherland also require awareness of and full participation in the Firm’s commitment to equality and diversity, the environment and health and safety.
This is a Commercial Accounting Analyst role to support the Commercial Finance Manager for the Real Estate group (REPG) in the first instance, although the individual may also have to work on a number of ad hoc projects and firmwide initiatives alongside their day-to-day role. The main purpose of this appointment is to provide reporting, financial analysis and insight support to REPG. The role is diverse ranging from core data management through to KPI analysis and also supporting the CFM and senior stakeholders on strategic initiatives. A keen eye for detail, accuracy and the ability to work at a fast pace to meet tight deadlines is essential.
As part of the Commercial Finance team of around 20 employees you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Supporting month end, monthly reporting packs and P&L reviews for REPG
- Weekly and Monthly KPI reporting and preparation of Financial Performance Information to the business
- Analytical support for the Commercial Finance Managers and Business Stakeholders
- Work with National Database to maintain the integrity of the Fee Earner Datasets on the Finance system
- Work in tandem with the other Commercial Analysts to ensure quality control and best practice is developed including streamlining regular processes, reporting and analysis
- Investigation and resolution of queries, ensuring queries are resolved in a timely manner
- Writing commentary to include in business performance reports
- Liaison with Business stakeholders to manage and drive performance
- Work closely in collaboration with HR on Partner performance, promotions, etc.
- Contributing to budgeting, planning and forecasting
- Supporting the Commercial Finance Managers across a range of commercial projects as required
Skills and experience:
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a must including experience of validating data sets and accurateness of reports
- You will also have knowledge and practical experience of analysing and interpreting financial data
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills with the ability to explain financial information to non-financial stakeholders at all levels
- Experience of presenting information to senior stakeholders in a concise and easy to understand manner
- You should have proven client-facing and organisational skills, with experience in a professional environment
- The ideal candidate will be a graduate, and possibly studying for a recognised accountancy qualification (CIMA / ACCA)
- You will be computer literate, and have a strong knowledge of management information systems (Excel to intermediate or advanced level)
- You will be ambitious, client-focused and keen to learn and able to work in a busy work environment, and used to working to strict deadlines.
You will have:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Team player
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- A reliable, enthusiastic and a ‘can do’ approach
- Self-starter able to work independently with minimal supervision
- A collaborative style and able to build strong working relationships within Finance and across the business.