At Freetrade, we believe investing should be open to everyone. It's one of the best ways to grow your savings, but for a lot of people, investing seems complicated, expensive and remote. We want to change all that.
We're a technology company that brings simple, free stock investing to everyone. We’ve built a beautiful investing app to trade in real shares, with zero commissions and low, fixed fees in a fluid, mobile-first experience.
As the first challenger stockbroker to disrupt the £1.2 trillion UK retail investment market, we’re poised to expand into Europe in 2021. We’ve closed a Series B funding round led by New York-based growth fund, Left Lane Capital, alongside L Catterton, and Draper Esprit, bringing the total that we’ve raised to over £65m.
We are on track to be over 250+ by the end of the year. Our customer numbers are 1,000,000 and counting, and we are receiving upwards of 4,000 new customer sign-ups per day.
With the team constantly evolving we are now looking for an exceptional Finance Analyst to join Freetrade. You will report directly to our Associate Director FP&A and be responsible for business partnering key stakeholders, developing management information and working on our reporting processes. This is a key role as we build our FP&A function.
You'll thrive in a fast-paced environment and be obsessed with creating a best in class FP&A function.
Over the next 12 months, you will…
Assist the Associate Director FP&A to implement new processes to support our now international business including:
- Building reporting and budget/forecast models
- Building budget and fundraising models (including headcount models) with the Senior Financial Analyst.
- Establishing budget, forecast and reporting cycles - including executive reporting with the Senior Financial Analyst.
- Establishing capital and cash planning, scenarios and interaction with regulatory and treasury teams.
- Supporting on commercial finance activities to drive insight and value for the business - for example:
- Engaging with product owners and commercial teams on new product initiatives, pricing and other similar commercial finance activities
- Supporting to procurement initiatives and cost-efficiency
- Adhoc analysis
- Spend reviews/investment cases
- You have a degree in a relevant subject from a Top university (STEM, Finance & Accounting, or Economics is seen as desirable). 2.1 or higher.
- You are CIMA part qualified or a strong Graduate with a desire to undertake your accounting qualifications.
- You have strong Excel/ IT skills and are interested in learning new systems.
- You have a get-up and go attitude, desire to be a business partner and have the confidence to make us believe this.
- You have strong attention to detail.
- You are looking for a new challenge in the industry, working in a dynamic and fast-growing team.
- You are passionate about Finance and are keen to help and support the team and wider business with project work.
Applicants will have an introductory call with one of the Talent team followed by a Zoom video interview with the hiring manager and other team members.
We offer a competitive salary plus stock options and lots of other benefits.
You’ll have a stake in the company you’re building, with stock options benchmarked to US companies (not Europe), so your equity will be truly meaningful.