Looking after the books of account for a defined portfolio of our clients including profit and loss account crafting, prepayment and accrual calculations, balance sheet reconciliations, monthly accounts reporting and VAT reporting amongst other tasks.
This firm provides London and overseas organisations with their accounting infrastructure. The client base consists of 20 high profile companies all operating within the media and marketing services sector, with revenue ranges of £2-30 million turnover. With stability and quality at the heart of this firm, the longevity of their client contracts is no surprise, with most clients having been with them for over 5 years, and a third having been with them for over 10 years.
You will join a relaxed, friendly and calm team with a strong work ethic, in an office with great equipment and furniture.
- Preparation and reporting of the monthly management accounts - this requires working with key client staff to craft and curate the monthly management accounts for use by the client's Board.
- Reconciling third party reports and client reports to ensure full and no false inclusion of financial data, in particular revenues.
- Reconciling client reports to ensure accurate recording of costs and allocation to the correct time periods.
- Bank and Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Updating client financial models and cash flows with actual performance data.
- Journal setting for posting accruals, prepayments, payroll allocation, amortisation, correction entries etc.
- Management of the information flow to the payroll bureau and sign off the payroll.
- Periodic returns including VAT.
- Preparation of the file for the annual audit and liaison with the client Auditor and Tax Advisor in closing out the year end Annual Report and tax computations. Note this role is information provision and answering Advisor queries, not preparing the Statutory Accounts nor the tax computations.
- Information provision to the client for their budgeting and forecasting cycles.
- Ad hoc related book keeping and management accounting tasks.
- A minimum of 2+ year's experience in a similar role.
- Fast and accurate data entry skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Comfortable with learning and developing new systems and processes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required. Suitable candidates will be comfortable dealing with people of all levels, internally as well as externally.
- Computer Literate with sound knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Previous experience of all round finance roles would be an advantage.
- Experience of Sage or Sun accounting packages would be an advantage.
- Join a relaxed, friendly, and bright team, with an open and inclusive environment where the best idea wins, not the loudest voice.
- Great opportunities for progression due to ever growing client base.
- Relaxed dress code.
- Quarterly social events.