We designed our two-year Business Graduate Scheme to start your journey towards becoming an industry expert. Our business schemes call for wide-ranging skills, so this is exactly what you’ll gain. You’ll join a thriving graduate network. And as you progress, you’ll have the freedom to tailor your path into roles and disciplines where you can put your biggest and best ideas into practice.
Your time on the programme will see you gaining all kinds of specialist technical skills and eye-catching achievements. You will be joining a leading international infrastructure group shaping innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. You’ll have visibility in key areas of our business including design, operations, safety and commercial; you’ll soon appreciate the important role of engineering innovation.
We will develop your technical and leadership skills to help you reach your full potential and as your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility; working with experts who will share their knowledge, provide support and give invaluable feedback so you never stop learning. You will be part of a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
Balfour Beatty's Enabling Functions includes our centralised HR, IT, Procurement, Finance, Health & Safety, Sustainability and Comms teams. Together we support Balfour Beatty to deliver projects on behalf of our clients. We operate according to our Build to Last values of Lean, Expert, Trusted, Safe and Sustainable.
This role is a national role, consisting of UK wide rotational placements over the scheme, within the key areas of the finance function. The programme is designed so you are able to gain complete experience across the business to help support your chosen career path and studies. You will need to be fully mobile as the placements could be based anywhere within the UK.
By undertaking placements in different areas within Finance, you gain an insider’s view of the people, processes and technology that are transforming our business. Each placement carries real responsibility and you will be expected to deliver what the business requires of you. You will be given specific objectives relative to each placement so that you are contributing from day one.
Your day to day responsibilities may include:
- Providing and interpreting financial information
- Analysing change and advising accordingly
- Formulating strategic and long-term business plans
- Researching and reporting on factors influencing business performance
- Analysing competitors and market trends
- Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities
- Managing financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems
- Producing accurate financial reports to specific deadlines
- Arranging new sources of finance for a company's debt facilities
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation
What we’re looking for:
- A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you will be required to relocate as part of the programme)
- A team focus with the ability to communicate and build strong relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence decision making
- Be willing to gain professional qualifications such as ACCA/CIMA
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of a 2:2 degree in a Finance or Engineering/Construction related degree
- Eligibility to work and live in the UK
- A full, clean UK driving licence
Salary and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary that is reviewed annually based on performance. You will have the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme, flexible benefits package and you may be entitled to a company car, if applicable to the role. Your professional institution fees will also be covered.
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.
Closing Date – applications are open until Monday 14th February 2022 but we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.