Alamo Group Inc. is currently accepting applications to fill the position of Tax Manager – Income Tax at its Corporate Headquarters in Seguin, TX (25 miles east of San Antonio, TX).
The Tax Manager – Income Tax, manages Alamo Group Inc. quarterly and annual provision, supports outsourced compliance, and provides accurate and timely tax information to management, governmental and external agencies. In collaboration with the Director of Tax, assists with various special projects and tax research to develop accurate analysis and recommended solutions on tax matters (both U.S. and international).
If interested in this opportunity, please apply directly to the Career Opportunities section of the Alamo Group website; found at https://www.alamo-group.com/career-opportunities.
Why Alamo Group?
Founded in 1969, with its corporate headquarters in Seguin, TX, and 32 manufacturing locations in the U.S., Canada, England, France, Australia, Brazil, and The Netherlands, Alamo Group Inc. has been a leader in the design, manufacture, distribution, and service of high quality equipment for infrastructure maintenance, agriculture, and other applications. Seguin is located in South Central Texas along the Guadalupe River a short distance from San Antonio, TX (25 miles), Austin, TX (50 miles), and many other small/mid-sized cities that offer a unique blend of cultural, entertainment, educational, and recreational activities.
Alamo Group offers competitive pay and a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program with a Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, and Holidays
- Company Paid Short and Long-Term Disability Programs
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Training and Development Programs
- Employee Tuition Reimbursement
- And much more!
For more information about Alamo Group, go to www.alamo-group.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
The Tax Manager – Income Tax will:
- Under the direction of the Director of Tax, manages quarterly and annual provision under ASC 740.
- Support tax queries from management and corporate officers upon request.
- Assist the Director of Tax to analyze and respond to IRS and state notices and requests for documents.
- Analyze, research and document various tax planning opportunities.
- Collaborate on the review of international tax returns (i.e., Europe and Canada).
- Coordinate and provide support with various internal and/or external audits and special tax related projects.
- Liaise with accounting departments of all subsidiaries and ensures that the company complies with periodic tax payment and information reporting requirements.
- Assist in identifying and implementing Tax Department process improvements.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to management and the tax team and create strategies to capitalize on changes to tax legislation.
- Assist the Director of Tax review company tax filings to ensure accuracy and identify, research and resolve issues and anomalies identified.
- Assist with tax research to provide advice to senior management on tax ramifications.
- Remains up to date on tax developments.
- Manage and mentor members of tax team to greater levels of effectiveness and engagement.
- Performs other duties/assignments as required.
The ideal candidate should have/be:
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of applicable U.S. tax law, regulations, and agency rules pertaining to income tax.
- Skilled and proficient with complex tax spreadsheet analysis, Microsoft Excel dashboards, Microsoft Word, and other mainstream office software.
- Proven ability to balance attention to detail within broader goals and time limitations.
- Able to self-direct and manage multiple projects simultaneously to successful completion in a deadline driven environment.
- Able to adapt to change and be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player with the ability to work effectively across distances with tax, finance, legal and business team members.
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with the ability to formulate and deliver ideas and material in a clear and concise manner.
- Able to identify tax concerns/risks, review related information, and apply solid innovative thinking to develop, evaluate and recommend solutions.
- Able to work irregular and/or long hours that may include weekends and/or holidays as business and tax reporting requirements dictate.
- Demonstrated ability to exhibit and model Alamo Group's Core Competencies:
- Learning: Desire to acquire additional skills to enhance personal growth; aptitude to absorb, master and retain new knowledge; and the ability to explain and teach acquired skills to others
- People Relations: Willingness and ability to cooperate, work and communicate with coworkers, supervisors, and outside contacts. Shares information and resources, values contributions of others, and readily gives and receives help.
- Position & Technical Knowledge: Ability to support multiple job tasks; remains up to date on changes/trends in technical knowledge related to the job; and understands the impact their job has on other functions of the business.
- Communication: Able to treat co-workers and supervisors with courtesy and respect and keep others informed on work status and problems. Listens and interacts effectively and able to communicate ideas, instructions and questions clearly.
- Results Driven: Ability to make timely and effective decisions and produce results through individual and team contributions. Accepts accountability for own performance and actively contributes to continuous improvement initiatives.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting, finance, business, or related field is required.
Preferred candidates will have a master’s degree in accounting and/or a current CPA license.
5+ years of tax experience is required. 5+ years of specialization in income tax preferred, or equivalent combination of experience and education
Familiarity with OneSource Tax Provision software preferred.
EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled