Our client an Accountant based in Southend on Sea are currently looking for a personable and professional person to join their team as a bookkeeper. The company are innovative in their approach as they are both accountants and business advisers. Their clients range from sole traders through to medium sized limited companies. You must possess a can-do attitude, be adaptable, pay good attention to detail and possess good communication skills.
You will hold a clean driving license and have access to transport, as you will be visiting clients at their premises.
Xero experience is preferred as a large volume of the work will be prepared using this software. Use of other accounting software is useful including Hubdoc.
You will ideallly have experience in the following:
- Double-entry bookkeeping
- Maintaining bank feeds and bank reconciliation
- Creating bank rules and selecting the correct nominal code
- Posting of sales invoices
- Posting of supplier invoices manually or by using Hubdoc
- Preparation of MTD VAT returns and submission
- Preparation of monthly CIS returns and submission
- Ability to produce a trial balance with an understanding of accruals, prepayments, and depreciation.
- Management accounts preparation
- Confident in using Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Our client will also consider someone who works in a PAYROLL position with bookkeeping experience.
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications, we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants, whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position. If you would like to be considered for similar and future positions, or for a complete listing of all our current vacancies, please visit our website
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/94884213