DPD is one of the fastest growing express parcel delivery companies in the UK, with a turnover of £1.9 billion. As a multi award-winning company that has been voted the nation’s favourite parcel carrier for eight years running, we have a very clear strategy to support our enviable position. We will deliver the best service, use the best technology, recruit and retain the best people in the industry and be the UK's most sustainable delivery company.
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Finance Manager - Projects to join our Central Finance team based in our Head Office Smethwick (B66 1BY).
In this role you will work closely with the Financial Controller supporting and implementing a variety of complex and sensitive nature strategic financial projects. You will have exposure to senior managers across DPD, the UK board and colleagues based in La Poste - France.
The role is of a project nature and presents the opportunity to apply commercial acumen, intellect, intuition and observational & listening skills, to:
- Evaluate new operational and commercial initiatives
- Monitor financial performance in new business areas
- Improve financial processes and systems
- Financial remodelling
In addition to this you will also have the responsibility of managing and developing a direct report.
To succeed in this role, you will have a strong academic background and will be educated to a degree level. You will be a fully qualified ACA / ACCA/ CIMA member. It would be desirable if you have trained with a reputable Top 6+ professional firm and have had exposure to a variety of blue-chip companies. During this time, you will be able to evidence the ability to manage multiple high profile strategic projects across the business.
You must also be able to demonstrate sound financial and commercial judgement and you will also evidence experience of developing and managing colleagues or a small team. Additionally, you will:
- Have clear communication and presentation skills and will have the self-confidence and gravitas to be credible with the senior management leadership team.
- Be inquisitive, decisive and be able to calmly handle responsibility and tight deadlines.
- Have advanced skills in Excel spreadsheet and other business software. A good knowledge of Google Cloud Platform is preferable
- Demonstrate the core values of DPD DNA – Passion, Respect, Honesty, Flexibility, Hard Work and Accountability
- A full UK driving licence, together with a willingness to undertake UK travel and stay away from home overnight when required.
Your package will include an excellent basic salary, company car or cash alternative, attractive bonus scheme that is based on individual and company targets. As well as this you have access to some other fantastic optional benefits such as Cycle2Work Scheme, Dining Cards, Holiday trading and discounts and savings on 1,000’s of retailers.
There is a culture of recognition and reward within DPD with long-service awards, a special recognition programme for those individuals that go above and beyond, the DPD Personality of the Year and an award ceremony at our annual company conference attended by over 1,000 delegates.
DPD has a track record of offering employees an excellent long-term career with the scope for progression and development.
DPD is a Valuable 500 company and a Disability Confident Employer
Apply via the APPLY button.