The AR Support Specialist provides front line service and support to both internal and external customers. The AR Support Specialist seeks to improve customer service performance, reduce response time, and enable AR Specialist to focus on collection activities. The AR Support Specialist will also support Credit Department infrastructure needs and provide assistance to Management. The AR Support Specialist role is considered an entry level position within the department, providing a talent pool and career growth potential. The results of effective performance will be maximizing sales opportunities for the Company and minimizing credit losses by maintaining constant open lines of communication between customers, sales, and the Credit Department. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of company businesses including Strategic and National accounts, in-store professional accounts, government, and various fleet accounts
- Meet daily productivity goals managing incoming phone calls, chat, and email correspondence (Cases).
- Daily process and release of credit hold based upon receipt of funds or customer payment commitments; resolve customer claims and disputed items
- Process credit applications, including contacting credit references and setting credit limits within authority limit
- Perform basic account reconciliation related to orders, delivery notices, and cash applications; provide feedback on processes to prevent similar errors and issues in the future
- Assist department as directed for quality of AR clean up projects involving offsets, write offs, refunds, etc
- Be actively involved in department continuous improvement projects by identifying improvement opportunities or working on a project team
- Escalate requests outside of role/scope to Leadership
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates or bachelor's degree in business related field preferred, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years' experience in a credit and collections or customer facing role preferred
- Understanding of basic accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and various business software systems as needed
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of internal and external management through various methods of communication
- Ability to define problems, identify solutions and follow through to completion
- Ability to effectively work independently or in team settings
- Achieves high level, sustainable performance, and results
- Ability to adapt to changing environments
- Ability to work with customers in sometimes difficult and confrontational situations
- Good interpersonal skills with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning abilities
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
None PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.