Description Who We Are:
Through our service brands Hyundai Motor Finance, Genesis Finance*, and Kia Motors Finance, we provide financial products tailored to meet the needs of Hyundai, Genesis, and Kia dealerships nationwide, including dealer inventory and facility financing. And, through these dealerships, we provide indirect vehicle financing and leasing solutions to over 1.7 million retail customers. Employee Value Prop and Culture
: Our employees contribute every day to a culture that is fast-paced, dynamic, energized, agile, and collaborative.
From our various engagement programs to the unique design of our offices, we strive to foster a connected, fun, positive and rewarding company culture where employees feel appreciated for their contributions, proud of their company, and thrive to be passionately invested in HCA's success. Global One Company
Many countries. One identity. Hyundai Capital has offices across the world, including China, Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, Russia, Brazil and Korea. Our work environments are designed with specific themes in mind to achieve a consistent global identity that reflects our values: light, collaboration, elements of nature and symmetry. General Summary:
The Manager, Commercial Risk provides risk analytics and reporting related to the Dealer Finance and Commercial Vehicle Finance portfolios. This position demonstrates strong business acumen, technical skills and an ability to influence senior-level peers. Responsibilities include data gathering and reporting, report development, maintenance, and analysis and providing accurate and current relevant information in support of department or unit policies, administration and regulatory requirements. Investigate, collect, and analyze auto industry and economic information and data impacting credit risk, including but not limited to, information regarding economic trends forecasts, commercial real estate markets, emerging technology, competitor vehicles and sales and commercial vehicle financing areas. Measure and monitor losses & exposure, conduct root cause analysis and provide actionable recommendations for effective management. Develop and maintain models and tools used for product development and pricing, financial reporting, originations and portfolio management and tracking and monitoring key risk indicators. Duties and Responsibilities:
Data Collection and Analysis
- Gather, maintain, report, reconcile and analyze data with the most up-to-date, accurate and functionally useful information in support of department or unit policies, administration and regulatory requirements.
- Build reports, dashboards and monitoring tools and early warning systems to enhance credit decision-making and information reporting to upper management and Risk Control Committee
- Develop and maintain of portfolio risk scorecards and underwriting risk models for Dealer and Commercial Vehicle lending products and financial reporting
- Support Dealer and Commercial Vehicle Finance portfolio by developing and monitoring the scorecard performance and other key indicator. Analyze and recommend actions if indicators deviate from expected performance
- Investigate and analyze auto industry, dealer and commercial vehicle financial statements, economic information and data impacting credit risk, including but not limited to economic trends forecasts, commercial real estate markets, Industry segment specific risks, competitor vehicles and products and commercial vehicle financing areas
- Ensure the accuracy of key credit assumptions that are inputs into the Pricing, Loss forecast, early warning, risk grading models, and develop, tracking and analysis that enables periodic updates made in a systemic process to meet the needs of the business.
- Manage and produce Allowance for Loan and Lease Losses (ALLL), IFRS9, CECL for Dealer and Commercial Vehicle Finance portfolios and provide support and business rationale for external auditors in development and defense of provisions for credit loss.
- Manage ad-hoc strategic projects and deliverables
- Produce periodic and ad-hoc reporting and respond to Corporate and field requests
Knowledge and Skills:
- Maintain project schedules, task details and coordinate efforts and deliverables with associates in department projects. Maintain relevant support documentation.
- Strong PC skills; Python, SAS, SQL, Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, Power Point, VBA, Tableau
- Prior credit scorecard and statistical model development experience is preferred
- Ability to work on multiple projects and attention to details and timeline
- Ability to explain complex data analysis
- Ability to develop statistical models (PD, LGD, Scorecards, Reserves, etc.)
Physical Requirements and Working Condition:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Mathematics, Economics, Operations Research, Statistics, Computer Science or related quantitative experience.
- 6 or more years relevant quantitative analysis work experience in an automotive captive, banking or consulting environment; commercial lending and commercial vehicle finance experience is preferred
Employees in this class are subject to extended periods of sitting, standing and walking, vision to monitor and moderate noise levels. Work is performed in an office environment.