Junior Accountant - Start Your Career! About the Company and Opportunity:
- Our well-established client is a small tech company located in Bethesda, MD. is looking hire a Junior Accountant.
- This position is temp to start with an indefinite end date.
- Pay is $22-25 per hour, depending on experience.
- The leadership team is dedicated to employee success! A great place to start your career as an accountant!
- Some of the employee reviews, include things like:
Overview of the Junior Accountant role:
- "Great place for learning. Suggestions are accepted by the team members."
- "Work culture is good, progressive, and competitive."
Preferred Qualifications for the Junior Accountant:
- Maintains financial records for subsidiary companies by analyzing balance sheets and general ledger accounts.
- Reconciles general and subsidiary bank accounts by gathering and balancing information.
- Provides financial status information by preparing special reports; completing special projects.
- Corrects errors by posting adjusting journal entries.
- Maintains general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts receivable detail and control accounts; adjusting entries for amortizations prepaids; analyzing and reconciling retainage and accounts payable ledgers; preparing fixed asset depreciation and accruals.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups; keeping information confidential.
- Maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures; complying with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements.
- Finance or Accounting AA Degree or Bachelor's preferred
- Experience with various accounting databases and software preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- General ledger experience
Keywords: accountant, excel, accounting, accountant, general ledger accountant, journal entries, general accounting