Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
The Regulatory Project Analyst will be responsible for assisting in the implementing of control and compliance initiatives for CEP HR. In order to do so, the individual will work with the CEP Head of HR, the EMEA HRCC team and stakeholders from across HR and other functions. The key objective of this role is to support the CEP Head of HR in the management and day to day execution of the regulatory HR Governance framework for CEP HR to ensure HR meets/exceeds the requirements and expectations of CEP regulators.
The main purpose of the role will be HR Governance, focusing on Risk & Controls, and Project Management related activities including co-ordination and implementation of CEP regulatory requirements as they relate to HR practices and processes, in order to maintain compliance with applicable regulatory and policy requirements, and operational risk mitigation. The role reports directly to the CEP Head of HR and to a senior HRCC specialist in EMEA.
Context: Citibank Europe Plc (CEP) legal vehicle has a presence in 21 countries in Europe, across several business lines, with approximate headcount of 9,300 employees, and is governed by the Central Bank of Ireland (CBI) and the European Central Bank (ECB).
The role will provide insight into all aspects of HR governance as it pertains to a legal entity. The individual will also interact with many departments outside of HR including Internal Audit, Compliance, Enterprise Risk Management, Legal and the Data Privacy Office. Regular travel to Dublin will be required for the role.
The individual will be able to build a large network of contacts within Ireland (CEP HQ) and internationally.
- Support the CEP Head of HR in the timely delivery of high quality, value-added multiple concurrent deliverables on time and to specification for CEP HR, including data gathering and analysis, presentations, briefings, coordination and meeting preparations, to ensure effective HR governance for CEP.
- Regulatory and Policy Risk Management: Manage the execution of CEP HR Regulatory and Policy Risk requirements, including the development and maintenance of a CEP inventory, and the identification of corresponding controls designed to maintain regulatory compliance. This may also include the development and management of procedures designed to ensure awareness, assess impact, and capture corresponding Corrective Action Plans associated with Policy and Regulatory change.
- Project Management: Monitor and maintain comprehensive project documentation including tasks, timelines, deliverables and key milestones for CEP HR, including the facilitation and documentation of key project meetings and activities, including agendas, forward actions, key decisions, issue tracking/resolution, gaps and enhancement requests. The role holder will measure project performance and manage changes in project scope / schedule as needed, in addition to providing direction and technical leadership on complex, high-impact projects and in all phases of the development and implementation process, ensuring essential procedures are followed
- Issue Management: Manage the development and execution of CEP RMP's related to HR, including procedures and reporting intended to capture, track, and monitor completion and validation of Corrective Action Plans ("CAPs") as they relate to CEP. This also includes procedures intended to effectively escalate Corrective Actions not meeting identified objectives within committed timeframes. Utilizes the Issue Management processes and project management methodology from the initiation, planning, control requirements, execution, and closing phases of each issue.
- May support any area of the business (organizationally, regionally or product-wise) from an issue/project perspective.The role holder will support the resolution of issues that have impact beyond own area and apply an in-depth understanding of concepts and procedures within own area as they apply to the legal entity.
- Regulatory Reviews / Inspections / Exam Management: Manage the development and execution of deliverables intended to identify and prepare CEP HR for regulatory reviews, governance inspections and annual SREP reviews, as well as track progress associated with said activity. Conducts targeted, mandatory or ad hoc Control Tests & Reviews for a department or group.
- Relationship Management: Acts as a point of contact with CEP Governance functions, including: Independent Compliance Risk Management ("ICRM"), Legal & Company Secretarial, Operational Risk Management ("ORM"), Internal Audit ("IA"), Risk and CAO / CEO Support Functions. Collaboration across businesses and functions is essential to improve the identification, quantification, measurement, management, reporting and controls in governance, risk management and internal control environments. Liaises with Senior Business Level Officers, Legal, Risk, and Compliance regarding complex matters.
- Resolves problems or transactions where expertise is required to interpret problems/transactions against policies, guidelines or processes.
- Analyzes documentation and processes to ensure risks and control points are properly addressed, and are in accordance with Risk and Control Self-Assessments Policies.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behaviour, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency
- Previous control and/or project experience
- High attention to detail and quality
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on MS Excel
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective planning and organizational skills
- Proven ability to make sound business decisions
- Experience in creating and implementing processes that result in improved business performance
- Ability to present a compelling case for ideas and initiatives through listening and articulating a convincing point of view
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
What we Offer
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
- 23 days paid annual leave
- Award winning pension scheme,
- Life assurance and
- Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare.
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme and employees also have the option (provided they have a student loan from the Student Loan Company) to divert saver and company match contributions to their student loan. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our select benefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi's commitment to growing a diverse workforce.
-------------------------------------------------Job Family Group:
Compliance and Control-------------------------------------------------Job Family:
Business Control------------------------------------------------------Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities.