Farnell, an Avnet company, is a global high-service distributor of technology products, services and solutions for electronic system design, maintenance and repair.Job Summary:
Maintains general ledger and financial records in various general accounting functions. Collects and analyzes support for financial data for completeness and accuracy. Prepares reports, statements, analyses and/or recommendations for internal and/or external use. Ensures procedures and internal controls are followed to maintain the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Policies and Principles (GAAP).Principal
Job Level Specifications:
- Responsible for the financial reporting, maintenance, account reconciliation and analysis of the general ledger and books of original entry including month end close accounting activities.
- Prepares balance sheets, profit and loss statements, financial schedules and other financial reports. Analyzes trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred for quarter-end and year-end.
- Assists with the preparation of annual budgets, updates and strategic plans.
- Ensure accuracy and compliance with GAAP, SOX and all other accounting regulations.
- Assists in XBRL compliance by performing detailed tagging, validating XBRL tags and preparing supporting documentation for XBRL exhibits as well as monitoring and implementing new XBRL compliance requirements.
- Maintains and documents internal accounting controls.
- May assist in the setup of processes and procedures that properly capture, track and report revenue.
- Provides guidance and support for both internal and external audits (adhoc, quarterly and annual).
- Provides billing and collection for intercompany accounts.
- Provides guidance and support for acquisitions and divestitures.
- Provides support for system conversions, Integrations and other special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of principles, theories and concepts in area of discipline. Competent in all job functions and has general understanding of the industry practices, techniques and standards.
- Develops solutions for a variety of situations and works on projects requiring evaluation and analysis. May refer to policies, practices and precedents for guidance determines best course of action to achieve results.
- Work is performed independently and requires the exercise of judgment and discretion. May receive some limited guidance for new assignments. Work may be reviewed for overall adequacy.
- Collaborates with management and team members within the department/function and other areas of the organization. May represent department internally or externally.
- Actions may impact the success of the overall department and/or the organization. Failure to accomplish work or erroneous decisions may result in delays to projects, loss of revenue or allocation of additional resources to remedy.
Education and Certification(s):
- Typically 5+ years with bachelor's or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience from which comparable knowledge and job skills can be obtained.
- CA/CS with 4 to 5 years of experience and additionally work experience in MNCs
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Farnell, an Avnet company, is a global high-service distributor of technology products, services and solutions for electronic system design, maintenance and repair.
Maintains general ledger and financial records in various gener
Experience: 5.00-8.00 Years