This is a permanent Junior Accounts Assistant role for someone to come in and Support the Finance Manager with the day to day running of the Accounts Department, whilst also taking ownership of a few key processes as well.
The company is based just outside Reading, with easy access via public transport, they are operating on a Hybrid working system and are currently doing 3 days in the office with 2 from home.
Having worked with this business beforehand and placing people into the team, we know firsthand that they are a brilliant company to work for and have a great onboarding and training schedule in place for all new starters.
You will be part of a team of 8 and work across two separate sections of the business and focus on completion of transactional processes over AP/AR/Reconciliations and Cash Flow.
The key aspects for this Junior Accounts Assistant role will be:
- Manage all aspects of Purchase Ledger for your section of the business, ranging from invoice & supplier account creation through to payment runs
- All staff cash and credit card expenses and associated reconciliations
- Mulicurrency payments
- Support the Finance Manager during month end
- Assist with year end processes and audits
- Ad hoc project and key account specific work
The ideal Junior Accounts Assistant will be someone who is happy to commute to the Reading area and has previous experience in Accounts Payable and is able to do many of the functions above.
Experience of a large ERP system is ideal and an ability to use Excel also in a day to day setting would be great.
On offer to the candidate will be:
- Competitive salary up to £27,000
- Support and training from a well run and organised team
- Personal and professional development
- Hybrid working pattern
- Mentoring and training
- Development positions within the wider business
- Study Support