Established in 1952, Cascade FCU originally served employees of the Cascade Division of the Great Northern Railway. Through railroad mergers, the Burlington Northern Santa Fe developed, which is our largest employee group. In 1982, credit union regulations began allowing credit unions to serve additional employee groups.
Since 1982, over 125 employee groups joined Cascade FCU so that they can enjoy credit union benefits. In 1985, NC Machinery's credit union merged with CFCU. This diversification strengthened Cascade FCU, as we now have over $300 million in assets, and serve nearly 10,000 members.
In this role you will be responsible for performing complex accounting needs for Cascade Federal Credit Union. You will be required to assume a leadership role to guide accounting personnel in daily tasks, reviewing financial data to make forecasting decisions and communicating with company Executives about financial strategies.
- Performs complex accounting functions including fiscal interpretation and analysis requiring full professional competency
- Establishes and maintains new accounting and fiscal control records and procedures and procedures used in an organizational unit
- Interprets accounts and records for Administrative Officers
- Collect, disburse, or invest organizational funds
- Make fiscal analyses such as revenue projections and cost/benefit analyses
- Perform internal audit procedures
- Direct and oversee lower-level Accountants or Accounting Clerks
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of experience working in financial institutions and banking industry
- Expertise in Excel
- CPA or qualified to take UCPAE is a plus
*We are looking at local candidates only