Ullico Infrastructure Management Company, LLC (“UIMC”) is actively recruiting a Chief Financial Officer for the Ullico Infrastructure Fund (the “Fund”). The Fund was launched in 2012 and is structured as a co-mingled, unitized open-ended private equity fund. The Fund focuses on infrastructure investments in the United States and Canada and has a current asset value of approximately $2.7 billion. Reporting to the President of UIMC, the position will oversee, plan and manage the financial, tax, and accounting functions related to the Fund and its underlying portfolio companies. The job position is in UIMC’s Chicago office.
- Oversee and manage internal staff and / or external vendors in maintaining general ledger and quarterly financial statements for Fund entities.
- Manage the monthly and quarterly flow of information from the portfolio companies into the portfolio management system.
- Lead the quarterly valuation process for the Fund including the establishment of the unit values for the various feeder funds.
- Coordinate the annual Fund audit by working with its outside audit firm, Ullico’s corporate Finance Department, the Fund’s asset management team, and the underlying portfolio companies including any necessary quarterly or annual filings.
- Manage cash position of the Fund to enhance return and coordinate with Operations on capital calls and distributions.
- Supervise accounts payable function and processes.
- Oversee and manage internal staff and / or external vendors on preparing tax filings, preparing tax forecasts and tax planning.
- Procure insurance and conduct risk management reviews.
- Manage Fund-level and holding company level credit facilities and other indebtedness.
- Assist the acquisitions team with tax, accounting, and structuring issues that arise in the assessment of new investments.
- Support the asset management team with any accounting, finance and tax decisions related to the Fund’s governance of the portfolio companies.
- Help grow the Fund’s finance team as the Fund’s assets grow.
- Serve as a member of the Fund’s Opportunity Review Committee.
- Certified Public Accountant degree
- Senior position within an established tax and accounting firm
- Experience working with a private equity fund
- Demonstrated spreadsheet knowledge
- Demonstrated analytical, communications and presentation skills
- Experience working with Investran and iLevel preferred
Ullico Infrastructure Fund (“the Fund”) is an operational private equity investment fund managed by Ullico Investment Advisors, Inc and sub-advised by UIMC. The Fund makes long-term investments in infrastructure assets that provide essential services to communities, governments, and businesses in the United States and Canada. The Fund invests across the full spectrum of core infrastructure assets including transportation, power generation, utilities, and social infrastructure.
UIF is a subsidiary of Ullico Inc. Founded in 1927, Ullico Inc. is a $7.8 billion insurance and financial services holding company whose subsidiary companies include The Union Labor Life Insurance Company; Ullico Investment Advisors, Inc.; Ullico Investment Company, LLC; and Ullico Casualty Group, LLC. Steadfastly committed to serving the needs of working men and women for more than 80 years, Ullico, through its subsidiaries, offers a variety of innovative products which enhance the financial security and stability of unions, union members and union employers. No other company shares such a long-standing relationship with labor or an unwavering dedication to the union marketplace.