Reynolds American is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A Senior Financial Analyst - SOX Compliance
SENIORITY LEVEL: Experienced Non-Management Level
LOCATION: Winston Salem, NC USA
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role is part of Finance - Accounting Services
The role is responsible for bringing innovation, creativity, and a great attitude to our team. You will apply your expertise in compliance, reporting and provide business support while nurturing business partnerships with key stakeholders. You will support the SOX Compliance Group by communicating functional knowledge for walk-throughs, corporate-wide projects, and other initiatives.
Reports to: Director SOX Compliance – Finance
Reporting Level: N/A
Geographic Scope: Local
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Assist in maintenance and quality assurance of SOX process and control documentation including updates to narratives, flowcharts, test procedures and risk-control matrix
- Maintain changes/updates in the SOX system of record (SAP GRC Process Controls)
- Execute quarterly testing of operational effectiveness of key financial controls as needed
- Serve as a liaison for Management Testing
- Manage relationships with SOX stakeholders to provide guidance and training regarding SOX program and requirements
- Assist in updating regular presentations and reporting to various committees; create ad hoc reports and presentations as required
- Assist in performance of control deficiency analysis and aggregation analysis
- Use critical thinking and good judgment to solve problems and resolve issues
- Understand the business processes and execute core SOX activities
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Do you have recent experience with SOX Compliance or Internal Controls?
- Do you have high proficiency in PC skills, specifically Excel or Visio?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- 2 – 3 years of public accounting experience, SOX experience or Internal Audit experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Possess solid and effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent multitasking and organization skills
- Possesses a high sense of urgency, work ethic and must be flexible
- Works with minimal supervision with the expectation of working as a motivated and cooperative team member; must be a self-starter
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related area
- Demonstrated high proficiency in PC skills and detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office
- CPA, MBA, or MAC
- Good working knowledge of US GAAP
- Competitive annual salary
- Targeted Annual Bonus
We offer very competitive compensation and benefit plans, including:
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package
- Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
- Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave; Also Parental leave/Reduced Work Schedule
- Confidential personal financial counselling service
- On-site health clinics and fitness centers
- A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
- Health-care advocacy service
- Volunteer service opportunities
- Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
- Extensive training opportunities
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that welcome opportunities for growth. We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences and talents to improve the company's potential for optimally achieving its business objectives!
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About our organization:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Modoral Brands Inc.; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; Reynolds Brands, Inc.; Vuse Stores LLC; Kentucky BioProcessing, Inc.; RAI Services Company and Reynolds Marketing Services Company. This position is with [[ZZCompany]]. Job Number: [[id]]
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN — A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
• Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
• Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work
• Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
• Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
• Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
• Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
California Privacy Notice