The Temporary Management Accountant would assist with the preparation of month end reporting and other ad-hoc support to the Finance Manager and Head of Finance during a period of transition to new financial system
Our client is a leading specialist within the telecoms industry, they are looking for a part-qualified Temporary Management Accountant to join their Bristol based finance team. The successful candidate will be immediately available for the position.
The key responsibilities of the Temporary Management Accountant include, but are not limited to:
- Management Accounts
- Producing Management Accounts to strict timetable each month
- Preparation of monthly journals
- Recording and reporting on all Fixed Asset movements, including additions and disposals.
- Assist with preparation of monthly reporting
- Draft balance sheet reconciliations
- Other tasks
- Assist with preparation of weekly cashflow forecast
- Debtor & Creditor monthly reviews.
- Overheads - analyse and follow up on queries on monthly IT recharge cost
- Expenses - checking for accuracy and completeness
- Provide operational support to other function of the finance team - sales ledger, purchase ledger, payroll
- Sales ledger - assist with large projects billing
- Agreeing intercompany balances
- Assist with VAT preparation
- Ad hoc reporting
- Assist with implementation of new financial system
Ad hoc cover for other members of the team during busy periods and holidays
As a part qualified accountant, you will have a strong awareness of current accounting practices and standards, with previous management accountant experience and strong analytical skills. Strong IT skills, in particular Excel, and experience of new IT system implementation would be an advantage, as would knowledge of SAGE 50 and/or Oracle.
Proactive and enthusiastic by nature, you have the ability and desire to develop within the growing business.
KEY PERSONAL SKILLS
· Strong Analytical skills
· A good understanding of double-entry book-keeping, balance sheets and general ledgers
· Excellent verbal & written communication skills
· Process Driven
· Organised and accurate
· Able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
· Able to work unsupervised when needed
· Flexible and enjoy working in a team environment
· Ability to 'step up' when required
· Desire for continuous improvement across all areas of responsibility
On offer to the successful candidate to the Temporary Management Accountant role is an immediately available opportunity to work within a busy finance department with excellent benefits and competitive salary.