Senior Group Accountant
Your new company
A global maritime services provider with an impressive history and currently operating in over 60 countries globally. This organisation has ambitious growth plans and industry leading status and are recruiting for a Senior Group Accountant to join their growing finance department, to be based at their international HQ in London.
Your new role
This is an exciting Group role offering variety and ad hoc projects to work on. The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Provision of financial information for external reporting ensuring accuracy and compliance with IFRS
- Monthly, quarterly and annual consolidation and reporting of the Group financial results
- Provide the business with clear and up to date technical accounting guidance, including written papers, on areas like IFRS changes, annual impairment test memos, and accounting for entity acquisitions/disposals.
- Maintaining group finance policies and manuals to reflect accounting and reporting requirements globally
- Key lead in annual external audit cycle
- Support group-wide initiatives such as restructuring, integrating acquisitions, new set ups
- Involvement in ad hoc projects including new system implementation
What you'll need to succeed
You will be ACA Qualified with experience working in an industry role involving Group Accounting and Consolidations. This role would be well suited to a detailed and thorough technical accountant who enjoys working within group finance. There is a high degree of involvement with Financial Controllers and VP's across geographies therefore interest in business partnering and strong communication skills are essential for the success of this role.
What you'll get in return
This is a really exciting role which will challenge and develop a Qualified Accountant looking to build on and sharpen their technical accounting knowledge within an ambitious, multinational organisation. There will be opportunities to develop within the organisation and move around the organisation internationally. A flexible hybrid working policy is also being offered.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.