Assistant Management Accountant - Poole - £26-28,000 - Perm / Hybrid WFH
Your new company
One of the leading housing associations in the UK are now looking for an Assistant Management Accountant to join their growing team. This is a fantastic work from home position with occasional office visits will offer you a career with flexibility and a variety of opportunities to grow and work across varied business areas.
Your new role
This is an opportunity with great career development, core to success is a strong knowledge of how to pull together Management Accounts, working with Excel and learning bespoke systems. You will need to be an analytical thinker, able to prioritise your time & tasks and focused on producing quality work.
You will be responsible for assisting the team and larger company group on a wide variety of tasks including;
- Assisting with the production of monthly management and annual statutory accounts.
- Assisting with the preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Maintaining a good level of technical accounting knowledge to ensure that accounts are prepared correctly and in line with the relevant accounting standards.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Journal processing, including ensuring the correct accounting of accruals and prepayments.
- Interrogation of financial systems to identify errors and make corrections.
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis.
Beneficial to your success would be experience working within a similar role such as financial reporting team, budgeting or management accounting. This role will is suitable for an early career accountant with the drive to progress or even at entry level.
What you'll need to succeed
- Desire to or currently studying towards accounting qualification such as ACA / CIMA / ACCA.
- Or relevant degree or AAT level 3+.
- Strong IT skills, especially with Excel.
- Able to interpret & analyse information clearly.
- Enjoy working to varied deadlines and manage own workload.
What you'll get in return
- Dress down office
- Flexible working approach
- Working from home option
- Career progression & development
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.