DeKalb County is seeking an experienced and highly skilled CHIEF AUDIT EXECUTIVE – $160,000/year (negotiable based on qualifications) + outstanding benefits
Make a difference in DeKalb County!
Beautiful DeKalb County is Georgia’s fourth largest county with an estimated 759,297 residents calling it home. It encompasses a portion of Atlanta, as well as the cities of Avondale Estates, Brookhaven, Chamblee, Clarkston, Decatur, Doraville, Dunwoody, Lithonia, Stone Mountain, and Tucker. DeKalb is the headquarters of some of the country’s most prominent businesses and organizations including the Centers for Disease Control, the American Cancer Society, Emory University, and Agnes Scott College. There’s so much to see and do here – discover for yourself by visiting www.DiscoverDekalb.com.
Imagine yourself in this role…
In 2015, the Georgia Legislature, through House Bill 599 (2015 GA Law § 3826-DeKalb County Independent Internal Audits), established an independent audit function consisting of an Audit Oversight Committee (AOC) with 5 voting members, a Chief Audit Executive, and Office of Internal Audit. The bill provides for an objective assessment of the proper use of public funds and administration of public programs. The opportunity to serve as Chief Audit Executive is currently available.
As Chief Audit Executive, you will report to the AOC, and serve as DeKalb County’s catalyst for a more transparent government. Appointed by the Board of Commissioners for a term of five years with a two term limit maximum, you will be responsible for staffing and leading the Office of Internal Audit and for promoting good government in DeKalb County by conducting:
- independent performance and financial audits county-wide
- assessments of the efficiency and integrity of County operations, including the adequacy of policies and procedures
- reviews to determine the existence of effective integrated internal controls
- investigations of allegations and complaints involving fraud, waste, abuse and misconduct
You will use your knowledge and expertise to recommend ways to improve legal, fiscal, and ethical accountability. This position will attract, motivate, and retain talented audit staff.
This position has subpoena powers, unrestricted access, and enforcement capability through the Superior Court of DeKalb County; and functions independently of the Commission, CEO and other County officials as defined in House Bill 599.
Are you the ONE?
We are looking for a strong leader with a proven track record of conducting performance and financial-related audits in an organization of comparable size and complexity. You must have high ethical standards, excellent communication skills, and a passion for achieving results.
To be minimally qualified, you must be a certified public accountant or a certified internal auditor, have a bachelor's degree in public policy, accounting, business administration, and have at least five years of experience in government auditing, evaluation, or analysis. Top candidates will also have a relevant master’s degree, fifteen years of progressively responsible experience in public or business administration, with seven years of experience managing an audit organization in a similar sized jurisdiction or agency, and a valid Georgia driver’s license.
Rewards of working with DeKalb County…
In addition to gratifying work as a public servant, DeKalb County offers a highly competitive total rewards package. We offer:
- Salary of $160,000 (negotiable, depending on experience and qualifications)
- Automobile allowance
- Hybrid defined benefit/defined contribution pension plan
- Health care insurance plan options including a traditional HMO, PPO & HSA
- Dental and vision insurance options
- Basic Life Insurance benefit of 2.25 times an employee’s annual salary rounded up to the next $1,000
- Flexible Spending Account Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Deferred Compensation
- Peach State Credit Union
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid Leave - 13 days sick leave and a minimum 15 days of annual leave per year
- Housing and moving cost reimbursement directly attributable to relocation is negotiable
Take the best next step – APPLY NOW! Submit your resume to email@example.com
Contact Naima Abdur-Rashid, Senior Human Resource Generalist directly with questions or if you’d like more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 470-677-0034.
We look forward to working with you!