Exciting New Opportunity Based on the outskirts of Middlesbrough Project Accountant
Your new company
A highly successful and dynamic organisation, that due to a rapid growth are looking at expanding the team within the project/costing side of the business.
Your new role
The Project Accountant/Controller will assists setting up, administers and manages the financial accounts and assist with providing financial and management reports for the project, in order to gain insight into the relevant financial results and to be able to supply Project Managers and other stakeholders with the information they need to direct operations effectively.
Oversees and monitors local financial business and contacts, such as banking, local social and other insurance arrangements, permits, local audits, according to financial guidelines and in consultation with the Finance Manager .
The Project Controller must has extensive experience, preferably in an international project environment.
Skilled in MS Office and financial applications (accounting, reporting).
Has good communication skills, ability to work part of a team, a flexible approach, strong analytical skills and is result-oriented.
The individual can also work independently, according to largely pre-determined guidelines and deadlines, together with:
- Extensive Project Controller experience dealing with:
- Accounting - Assists with the setting up, operates and manages the financial accounts for the project.
- Reporting - Assists with the preparation of regular reports on the project. Provide insight into the financially realised and forecasted project KPI's such as, result, cash flow and working capital.
- Controlling - Assists with monitoring and analysing the (financial) project performance, including budget, actuals and forecasts.
- Cash Management - Prepares, sends and processes AP and AR invoices and keeps the invoice accounts updated, in accordance with the financial guidelines and contractual agreements. Monitors outstanding invoices, supports in (re)actions towards Clients
- Tax, Legal and Statutory Matters - Assists with managing tax, legal and statutory matters in accordance with internal guidelines and relevant laws and regulations in the UK, such as, include tax returns, statutory accounts.
- A flexible approach to regular international travel
- Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic project organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment.
What you'll need to succeed
- A Business / Economics / Finance Degree, or equivalent
- Extensive Project Accounting skills
What you'll get in return
The opportunity to work for a growing organisation, that will be offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.