The Senior Accountant, Technical Accounting assists with the review and analysis of joint venture, partnership, acquisition, debt and other legal documents to determine the appropriate accounting and reporting for the entities and transactions. Responsible for drafting comments to the documents to allow the operations team more effectively structure deals. Responsible for developing, executing, and reviewing the results of financial and operational controls. The Senior Accountant could also be responsible for general accounting functions relating to a real estate portfolio consisting of office, multi-family, industrial, retail and hotel properties to include joint ventured properties. The Senior Accountant could also be responsible for processing, reviewing, analyzing, and recording property and portfolio related operating data into financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Assist with the review and analysis of a wide range of documents and draft comments to be discussed with internal and external operations, legal and accounting teams.
- Maintain documentation of operational and financial controls. Update, execute and document the results of controls tests. Review documentation of the results of controls tests.
- Interact with internal and external customers, other accounting team members, asset managers, property managers and all necessary departments to ensure prompt resolution of issues and achieve maximum efficiency of operations.
- Assists with special projects and other related duties as may be assigned.
- Verify, review and analyze property and entity level general ledgers on both cash and accrual basis ensuring accuracy and adherence to established accounting policies and procedures. Responsible for general and advanced accounting functions and for meeting the accounting department calendar deadlines.
- Prepare and analyze quarterly/annual financial statements including supporting schedules in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare work papers and ensure the fulfillment of financial reporting requirements for external and internal audits and tax accountants. Informs management as to any discrepancies or any other problem areas that may exist that arise from the audit.
- Record the fair value adjustments for investments in real estate and debt in order to prepare quarterly/annual fair value financial statements.
- Additional duties as assigned.
At USAA Real Estate our employees enjoy generous benefits packages including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401k, educational and professional designation assistance, business casual dress attire and much more! https://usaarealestatecareers.com/careers/benefits/ Qualified applicants must successfully complete a comprehensive pre-employment background screening and drug screening. The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA Real Estate Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA or actively working on CPA is required
- 3+ yrs. accounting experience with 2 yrs. of technical experience in Public Accounting
- Current US and local GAAP technical knowledge and research capability
- Commercial Real Estate accounting experience
- Real Estate accounting software or Yardi experience
- Qualifications may warrant placement in different job title