Page Personnel is partnering with a successful business based in Fareham, who are looking for a Finance Assistant to join their finance team on a full time permanent basis.
Our client is a highly successful company who have seen rapid growth in the last 12 months. They are based in Fareham and would require travel to their offices where there is free parking.
As the Finance Assistant, you will be responsible for:
- Setting up and maintaining customer accounts on sales ledger in accordance with company standards to include correct legal entity, Standard Industry Code categories and credit terms up to agreed authority levels.
- Detailed preparation, administration and filing of sales ledger invoices and work tickets in accordance with the needs of the customers.
- Assisting in month end management reporting procedures to the Team Leader and depot staff.
- Provide support to the credit control function.
- Provide cover for all other roles within the invoicing and purchase ledger function.
- Adhoc requests as of when required.
- Number and batch supplier invoices ready for keying into ERP system.
- Accurately post invoices onto system.
- Generate weekly and monthly BACS runs and send remittances to suppliers once payment has been made.
- Check supplier statements against the system and request copies of any missing invoices.
- Undertake filing and general administrative tasks as required.
To be successful for the Finance Assistant role, you must have:
- Good general computer literacy.
- A friendly telephone manner and customer service attitude.
- Previous administrative work experience required, work in finance department desirable.
- Accurate and precise working and attention to detail.
- Forward looking, inquisitive and interested attitude.
Salary £18,000 - £20,000