Exciting opportunity to join a large and fast-paced business based in Warrington as an Operations Accountant. The role would be exposed to both the reporting aspect and the commercial side of the business.
Successful transport/ logistics business with presence nationally. This role will sit within the team at their Warrington site.
- Prepare accurate, timely and user friendly financial and commercial information, including daily and weekly profit and loss reporting.
- Complete financial analysis and associated commentary to understand variances on a daily and weekly basis.
- A detailed understanding of the business performance drivers, including the impact of key performance indicators (KPIs) and a strong drive towards efficiency, service and improving performance for the business.
- Can work using their own initiative to complete tasks given strict daily/weekly/monthly timetable.
- Prepare business Unit management accounting and reporting including completion and/or assistance in preparation of the monthly management accounts, annual budget and forecasts.
- Assist in enhancing the business unit internal financial controls and procedures and support effective implementation within the business unit team.
- Strong communication skills will be required for you to ensure that you can influence people at various levels and departments.
- The ability to read, analyse and interpret financial reports and spreadsheets; create financial models and scenarios and have experience of forecasting and KPI analysis.
- Able to work in a very fast paced environment where speed and accuracy is key. As is the ability to be flexible and manage their time effectively.
- Ad-hoc support and analysis as required by the business.
- Qualified accountant
- Strong communication skills and confidence to be used in business partnering
- The ability to work accurately in a very fast paced environment
- Logistics, manufacturing or FMCG background would be preferable but not essential
Benefits on offer to the successful candidate include a salary of up to £50,000 and 25 days holiday plus bank holidays. This role will be 100% site based at their office in Warrington.